46

Sehun

"Where has the toad gone? We have to find him and get out of here... and Kai is nowhere to be found again... I'm going mad in this old box," I grumbled to myself as I turned down another corridor to look for my brothers. Jackson followed me with an embarrassed expression.

"You can't run away from it, let's talk about it..." he said in frustration, but I didn't stop and continued searching frantically.

"You're coming with me too, I don't want to discuss it any further and you can shove your stupid excuses that you're supposed to be dead down your throat, Jackson. I've never heard anything more stupid than that, you could have just broken up with me instead of telling me something like that." My mood wasn't exactly the best, I felt like I'd been taken for a ride.

"I can't leave here, baby. And that wasn't an excuse, I'm dead and I'm staying that way. No ghost can just leave here, we're being held and then I'd lose my body anyway and wouldn't be able to touch you. Do you think I left you on purpose?" His voice sounded desperate, but how could I believe that? Then I thought of Yeosang, who I'd seen walking around earlier, and shook my head, because I couldn't imagine why anyone would fake their death. It didn't make any sense at all.

I stopped my steps when a door flew open in front of us and I saw Kai stumble out with some guy. Kai's look was worried, the other one panicked. They looked a bit hunted, which confused me and made Jackson raise an eyebrow questioningly at the guy, who just shouted "Run!", which made Jackson grab my hand and pull me along. As we walked back the way we'd just come, I kept turning around to see a really handsome man following us, his smile sending shivers down my spine. Still, I wondered why we were running away, there were four of us, he was alone... so what could he possibly do to us? Jackson noticed my hesitation and looked at me warningly.

"Don't stop... he's dangerous, I don't want him to kill you too... like he did to us." He looked sadly at Kai for a moment, but he was scowling at him. Kai was probably angry too, because of his lame excuse.

"So where are we running to now?" I asked, out of breath, as we had now reached the hall and were running up the stairs, which was starting to take its toll on my barely existing lung capacity... I should probably stop smoking.

"We just need to make it to the next floor, there's a safe room." He called to me, now half-dragging me up the stairs behind him. Since when was Jackson fitter than me? He was always smoking something. I didn't get any further with my thoughts, as the chaser was suddenly no longer behind us and appeared in front of us on the top landing, grinning smugly.

"Oh, what have we here? The only living person in the house... this is going to be fun with you," he predicted in a velvety voice that certainly didn't bode well. Jackson, Kai and the other one stood protectively in front of me and the madman in front of us on the stairs giggled amusedly. He was kind of creepy.

"Leave him alone Asmodaeus... you can lock me up in your torture cellar for a month for all I care, but let him live." Jackson demanded in a shaky voice. Was he afraid of the pretty boy? Something was very wrong, the Jackson I knew had never been afraid of anything or anyone. What had happened to him in all this time?

"I don't need your permission, you pathetic creature. I'll just take you all with me," the guy informed us with a laugh. The next moment I felt so dizzy that I had to close my eyes. When I opened them again, I was standing chained to a cross in a dark dungeon. A torch on the wall was the only source of light, but I could still see the other three, who were also in chains. Looking around more closely, I could see all kinds of tools, instruments of torture and sex toys... and a huge stain of dried blood under each of the crosses, as well as a wooden sacrificial table that was also stained in places with old, dried blood. Horror spread through me when I suddenly felt the hot breath on the back of my neck and heard the words that left his mouth as he came closer to me.

"Welcome to my hobby room... I'll take extra time for you."