The Mastermind X (Male) Reader X Chris Redfield [P2]

Even though your hands felt cold, your feet felt cold, it was a strange occurrence to not shudder. Or perhaps it was the sanguine attempt at repressing the fear step-by-step that at last you were left solely with the body itself, the mere presence of a hunter siphoning off on the little confidence you had.

"Not looking optimistic now, are you?" He asked merrily.

It stuck you as odd. Wesker wasn't the chatty person to know. It was an understatement, no hunter was truly a chatty person to begin with. They were all insufferable, and you weren't in the position to try your luck with anyone. Obviously, the sanest thing to do in a dreadful situation as yours was to keep a reasonable distance from them, and it was certainly a known fact to all survivors that no prey would dare cross the line and bug a bigger predator for mere entertainment.

When the bigger predator was equipped with dangerous, cognitive assets.

As his taunting eyes narrowed down on you contentiously, that old, visceral emotion dared to rip through you and run out your mouth. And as always, you swallowed it down hard. There was always a moment in life when you wished you had mustered up enough courage and screamed. And you had, when you were alone, by yourself. Indeed, it was relieving, cathartic at best. But it didn't bring the peace to you mind you needed.

No, it was that ugly truth, that fear. Fear was so dear to you, you wished to wield it to your own avail. It looked so ravishing in its manifestation for you when it made others lower their heads in your presence and cower away. How interesting it was when the same was seized from you and you were to find yourself on your knees, your eyes never daring to leave their feet, how the same emotion turned from sweet to bittersweet to unbearably sour, so repulsive that the only desire you would be left with was to discard it and throw it away in a rotting corner, from where its putrid odour wouldn't even reach you.

Unfortunately, as you looked up at him now, you realized that corner was too close for you to do so.

Good thing was, you felt less of that conflict as you allowed yourself to be bewitched by his eyes.

"It's sad to know you won't greet me now." He mused, his eyes darting from one to the other glowing flower, remaining all too imposing and impassioned at the sight.

It was undeniably captivating to you how this man carried himself with an impeccable grace, but that admiration only remained when he was yards away from you, from where you were certain that his eyes or ears remained oblivious of your presence. At the moment, you only wished to keep your head down and walk away in one piece.

Maybe it was that essence of fear that he felt for his head whipped back to your position, looking down at you with that unmistakable, jovial expression that could only be one thing; jubilation.

Yes of course! you wouldn't have to think twice when you read that face with little warmth of courage that dared to course through you. His lips twitched at the edge, suppressing a wide grin of elation at finding the pleasure of the delightful prey at his mercy, failing constantly at hiding his fear. It was exposed to him in all its delicacy. Why wouldn't he be meretricious? It was all concluded with a loud yet composed chuckle as he shook his head ever so serenely, his movements contained and calculated, never out of order, just as he had planned his arrival, his stratagem, and his departure.

Oh how I wish to ruin it once, if only I'm not sissy enough to cower in abject terror, you thought.

He was no ordinary man. In that body, he was evil manifested.

So it was wise to be disturbed, when evil casted a brief light of mercy on you.

Maybe he was done deriving pleasure from your frightened display, for he moved away, his eyes back on observing the ethereal, extra-terrestrial fauna. Without wasting the time bestowed to you by luck, you scrambled to your feet, struggling to maintain any dignified posture. You could run, run as far you could hoping that he would look back and be shocked at your disappearance, but he was no stranger to such past attempts. With his heightened senses, you feared that he could probably even hear the rapidly growing palpitations of your heart.