Vittorio Toscano X Reader X The Knight [P6]

"Wanderer," Not once in my life had my own voice sounded so startling to my ears. The malice in it was beyond my own comprehension, I was at my breaking point, the wrath I had conjured all of the sudden was gradually losing itself to the freedom I wished to possess...freedom to be my own person finally.

"My presence caused you pain merely for this reason, no? Avrei dovuto saperlo (I should've known), you were hiding in the plain sight, shying away from my sight. Afraid that you might be caught someday, red-handed"

I briefly gawked at him in amazement. More runes were visible to me, especially the thicker, darker ones around his right shoulder, wrist and a tiny one onto his right cheek. Only a few of them were glowing when I had first seen him, but now almost half of his torso was glowing. Even underneath his red shirt, I could trace the lines of those marks, my memory drifting back to the glyphs he had drawn in his prison cell. Most of them matched the ones carved into his body.

They didn't seem like they were created with ink...they were embedded into his flesh, carved with an instrument unknown. It wasn't the hue of ink at all, it was the hue of sorcery...forbidden sorcery.

"You knew about the arcane way before you stepped in this realm, don't you, Wanderer?"

He didn't pull the dagger away. I wondered from where he had taken it, but the smith who had forged blade and the power together to create that definitely didn't belong to my known human world. Something was different about that dagger...the creation of it was ancient as well as inhuman to understand.

His eyes were keen, suspicious. He was adamant on getting his answers.

"You mustn't do this, you know better."

"You still dare to threaten me even after knowing for how long I had been residing in this realm. Imagine how much I would know, everything I can do to easily overpower you." He declared, swiftly spinning his dagger as he demonstrated his proficiency with the weapon and speed.

Articulate, indeed.

"I do know what power you possess." I said, my fingers twitching briefly as a quick heated sensation ran up my fingers, a hard pinch was felt as I conjured energy between them, gradually shaping them, "I'm afraid you are quite unaware about my origins."

He lost the grip upon his dagger briefly, briskly catching it mid-air as he took an uncertain step back, clearly bewitched and bewildered by the display of power. I could never form weapons with arcane magic within trials. Outside them, it felt like Entity lost hold of the power he manipulated within the trials. It was a painstaking task, but with some effort, I could briefly wield a weapon of my interest, and I was never at loss even if I had lost them, for I could always reshape and create another one.

"Why, Wanderer?" I mocked, a little satisfied with his expression, deliberately and slowly approaching him, "You didn't expect from me to...confront you?"

Although he was taken aback by my abilities, he was far from being intimidated. He nonchalantly spun the dagger a few times, simply pulling it aside as he watched me approach him. This took me by surprise, and it enraged me that he was taking me lightly.

"I'm not really surprised by your attitude, I'm indeed entranced by that, though." he pointed his finger at the tiny glowing dagger in my hand, a seemingly translucent replica of his.

"I can defend myself. And I can taint you as well." I said, efficiently spinning the dagger only to aim it at him. He only chuckled, bemused. "Who knows? Your training in knighthood might fall short for it. I'm not that unsuspecting comrade who died of his own mistakes."

My snarky remark caught his attention, and his smirk fell right away. I didn't waste time, and immediately lunged at him, my speed nearly taking him by surprise. He ducked underneath, causing me to slice through empty cold air, only for him to creep away in the meantime and gain distance. He was indeed agile, but I had strength only for a little duration of time, before I was to be left exhausted, struggling with even staying on my two feet.