HUNK X (Asthmatic) Reader [P9]

"I need to leave..." I mumbled.

There was this soft grumble in the corner which was relatively unintelligible to my ears, but still innocuous in nature. I tried to imagine voices, how the Entity was playing tricks on me. But with each passing second, the reality was weighing down hard on me. And it was not someone's bitch to be trifled with, I was just being the sitting duck, the only thing I could do good and be at the beast's mercy.

Playing dirty was never my way, but the treachery of my emotions was harder to admit, and I was being wise by not pushing my foot down in the bog.

"I need to leave..." I mumbled against the odds in my head, a little too hoarsely.

I was aware of my obstinacy, but so far it hadn't proven to be fruitful. Nonetheless I was standing still against the approaching storm, holding true to my apparent obstinacy.

My eyes dropped down to the dark polished surface of the floor, so fine that it reflected the my faint reflection. The color, akin to granite, was oddly pleasing to the eyes. The room was monochromatic, the shades of gray and black were assembled together in a sophisticated harmony. It wasn't crowded with furniture; just a comfortable bed (Albeit too big to belong to just one person), two nightstands on either sides of it with a giant rectangular sconce overwatching the head of the bed from the wall, and massive wardrobes and cabinets in the corner. There was a wide coffee table in the middle, with a warm black rug underneath it, with sofas too sturdy but warm, the color not known to me due to scarcity of light in the room. There had to be a working table in the corner, the shadows so absurd it didn't give much, and the same could be said by whatever was hanging on the walls. There were no windows in the room, just a door and vent. It was dim, neither too bright to hurt the eyes, but the amount of light that stayed in the room was enough to produce the shadows of silhouettes, letting the suggestions of material expostulate and decide.

It was during that internal debate, when Vector returned. The shimmering blue orbs were memories embedded deep in my head by then.

His appearance wasn't pleasant by any means, but it was hopeful since it was another intellectually riveting event. I was sulking in the dark, alone, with nothing to do with. But the click behind him had disquietude following after him. Once again, I was locked in the dark with him, the dark which was lifted off with the flickering of lights. Once again, the lights were dim, but not as dim as earlier. It was only cast onto the table and us, not letting it wander off to the hidden corners. Everything in the room was in control; it was more of a gilded cage then a room.

I was so lost looking up at him when the soft clanking of metal had me flinching. He had put a strange container in front of me, but the faint smell that escaped from the tiny opening deceived my heedful circumspection. My starving stomach roared at the inviting aroma quickly, my mouth watering, my mind paving way for the fantasy of delicacy.

"We'll talk." He informed, his voice low albeit guarded, "But we both suggest that you recover before anything else."

"For how long?" I asked, my senses fighting hunger and inanition, "For how long do I have to stay? I need to leave soon..."

"What makes you think we'll allow that? After all this time." He inquired rather furiously. I didn't need much light to see him, or to even look at him. His leather-cladded fingers were clenched in a tightened fist so roughly that the friction was causing the fabric to screech through the contact.

"They'll be looking for me...unless."

"Unless?"

"Unless they've decided that I've left them."

There was prolonged silence after my rueful confession. Something caused Vector to loosen up, both in posture and his clenched fist. But that didn't mean he was ready to put his faith in me entirely. But watching him shake his head in confusion and cogitate there once again bewildered me.