Doctor X Reader (P1)

"Feng!"

"(Y/N)!"

"Wow! What a pain in the ass!"

"Insert lenny face." She made one with her own chibi one.

I was a little frustrated, and what made it worse was that she took my concern to be a moody joke. Feng was undeniably a great teammate; smart, initiative, quick on her instincts, a stealthy chaser and a quirky member herself, all that defined her over-the-top bossy attitude.

Small for her age, that came with a benefit of being able to crouch into a bush and remain undetected; unless a certain ghost-mask wearing meme-lord of the killers found his way into the view. I had to admit, her T-bagging at his face and him doing it back was often wholesome, if one was to turn a blind eye to the fact he had probably a collection of bloody knives and grotesque selfies waiting in his cabin after every trial.

And as expected, my face was full of worry, and she laughed at it. That pissed me off.

Immediately, I grabbed her cardigan's collar and yanked her away from the door, pulling her with myself. The cold weather was already making me jittery, worsened by the falling snow. It just never stopped, and as unreal as it seemed, the feeling of snow melting in my socks and onto my head kept on proving me wrong. It was very real, and it made it harder for me to keep up with Feng, who was constantly struggling against me.

"NOOOOOOO!" She whined, "Imma go shock-the-doc!"

"Seriously, what's with your obsession with The Doctor?" I crossed arms over my chest, having earlier shook Feng with mighty force, believing that some loose screw in her head might instead fall down for me to know and fix.

Feng didn't say anything for a while. She just looked down, staring at the snow melting on the ground. But soon, our eyes met, and she showed some hesitation. Before I could speak again, Feng kneeled on the ground, rummaging through her bag. I was a little bewildered by her actions, but soon, she pulled out something from her bag and excitedly showed it to me. I gasped in surprise.

"Feng, that's-"

"I woke up a little while earlier and found this in the corner of my cabin." She said, excitedly jumping, "the I-pad still works, but it's dead now."

"What?"

"Entity is quite pleased with my skills these days I guess. It be showering me with gifts. At this moment, I can beat Trickster with my wardrobe on the runaway."

"No shit Sherlock!" I chuckled, "But that doesn't explain me why you are sneaking around Doc's Treatment Theatre."

"(Y/N)," she whined, making a face, "Come on, it's a doctor of course!" She dragged me with herself, taking me by the arm, "Moreover, he can help you with that head-injury. I hope that doesn't hurt. I'll just charge it up, if you say it he will become our portable charger."

My heart slumped down to my stomach; that's all I could say to express my feeling. I didn't have the best words for it.

"What?" She asked, as we entered the building. It was a little warm inside, but the feeling of electric sparks being heard, empty hospital beds lying every where...and smell of blood. It was overwhelming...and nauseating.

"I...don't like hospitals."

"Hospitals aren't supposed to be liked though." She stick her tongue out at me like a whimsical bubbly child, "You do like the...you know...the certain someone."

"Feng..."

"Everyone knows how he looks at you. He hasn't laid his hand on you so far. You are my life-insurance policy here."