The Mastermind X Reader (P6)

"You sweaty killers, can take some fucking notes from me, you stinky bastards!" Nea snickered, handing me the spare spray cans, considering that I was holding nothing, "Sweating mad like rugby maniacs."

El giggled at her comment, and so did I. She was just good at making excellent snarky remarks. She had been caught, well, choked and infected by Wesker twice in the first two minutes. And Nea absolutely loathed the slimy thing slithering over her every few seconds.

I tried my best to respond to her humor and light-hearted chat, but knowing whom we were pitted against, my nerves were going haywire. Ada was on the other end of the map, trying her best to distract and loop Wesker. She knew him better than any of us, and thus she had the advantage. El and I on the other hand were committed to gens, while Nea cleansed totems, fetched flashlights to help Ada whenever in need.

Wesker was visibly getting stronger and efficient with the passing time. He was studying us all, understanding our moves, and he stood up to the significance of his assigned name. He was a mastermind, staying two steps ahead of us. Surviving trials against him were becoming a true challenge. All of them would die, and the only one to survive was lucky enough to have hatch.

But then, Wesker was in a bad mood, and there she was on the hook, again.

Poor Ada...

"I'll go help."

"Fucking stay here, (Y/N)!" Nea demanded, "You do the gen, let me aid her. I am the beamer god of this realm." She lovingly patted my back and ran off to help Ada, while El perkily stuck her tongue out at her.

"What's with you, El?"

"I don't like it when people try to steal you from me." She made a face, nudging me, "I don't like him, definitely not, but he's nice with you. Can at least share with him."

"You are still harping on that, El?"

"I mean, I could say I would rip him off into shredded mess, but then he was nice to you last time. Very heartfelt."

"You were there, weren't you?" I asked, a little anxious, "Everyone likes to eavesdrop onto each other. I have not one, but two stalkers now."

"I had just cleansed the totem. Not my fault you two were enjoying cuddling more than the blast in the background. Yeah, sure, fuck the world, lets just perish into each other's arms."

"Wow, look at you! I lost my beloved shades anyways."

"Okay, that's sad." El laughed, and with that the Gen popped to life.

Ada was rescued, and tended to, and both were soon chased by a literal predatory Wesker. He was genuinely fuming, at least to me, with madness. Probably tired of being blinded time after time. He struck Nea quite hard, downing her in one hit.

"Okay!" She sneered, wincing in pain as well as shock, "Now that's bullshit!"

That was actually bullshit.

Wesker, as usual, chuckled in amusement, picking her up without much effort. He had just passed by the saloon wall, when he stopped. I was crouching as low as I could, peeking occasionally beside the wall to look at Wesker and Nea. I gave her a huge thumbs up, assuring her that I was rescuing her in no time, when we were both left baffled by Wesker dropping her down like she mattered least to him.

Or more like she didn't matter at all.

Immediately, he went for the door beside me, breaking it down to timbers. I hit my head instinctively, running for the staircase, with a vaguely excited Wesker hot on my tail.

How come I forget about his abilities? He knew I was hiding behind the wall!

"Oi!" I yelled, "He's coming, run!"