Oni X Reader [P1]

He was always aggressive. And yes, you meant HIM. The Oni

To separate rage from him was literally like separating one's shadow from his body. In other words, it was impossible. Throughout all the trials you had gone through, Oni struck you out the most. Everyone said he was insane, a demon, Satan himself. He loved chaos, he loved bloodshed.

He obviously scared everyone. What sane person wouldn't tremble from fear when hearing a Demon Lord's battle cry from across the map, and then hearing a pair of loud footsteps approach him, knowing that in a blink of an eye they'll be overcome by skull-splattering pain. He terrified you just like everyone else, except that there was something about him that disturbed you, just like Doctor and Nightmare.

There was something in his fury that felt anything but senseless, anything but empty. Fury couldn't be alone, it was always accompanied by something, a cause, a trauma, a suppressed urge, a memory. And the greater his fury rose, the greater his pain seemed visible in his eyes. Everything about his face was concealed by a haunting mask of Devil himself, except his glowing eyes. So bright they seemed to you, except it wasn't hope, but dread, there was misery there. Misery that fuel his agitation, his wrath.

He terrorized you...as much as he enthralled you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Poor Rin barely could get along with anyone else. Her temperament was well understood by you, but that didn't mean everyone else was the same. It scared a few, while ticked off the others. You couldn't shake off the dread you had once felt when she had chased you ruefully with her Katana. But soon she grew over you. She was anything but a lost kid in your eyes when you learnt of her demise. It took some time, but you eventually got to befriend the ghost girl, and much to your surprise, she was as joyful as she was crazy.

Luck often favored you, as you were allowed to go to her realm and sit with her. Entity seemingly was at ease lately, and it gave you a little freedom to explore her realm while she spoke about things she had loved in her past. She was fluent in English, much to your joy, and yet her Japanese decent betrayed her playfully as it was evident in her accent that she was close to her roots.

Sometimes she talked about her mother and how well she made her favorite dishes, especially her rice cake recipe which she dearly missed. The other times she made tea herself and you would help her serve the table the way she used to do when she was alive. All those memories she had cherished were felt in her realm, the decay wasn't there when you visited her. Her home was clean, walls weren't broken, glass wasn't shattered. Her uniform would be there, clean, hung upon the wall as if she were to wear it next morning...

Nostalgia you felt was hard to endure. It didn't horrify you how she would disappear and hit you from behind the next moment, or how you felt her wails and screams of agony and rage all at once...she too was life you. Once she went to school, had friends, maybe sat with her mother outside in the garden on a spring morning, had plans for future, maybe if it wouldn't have happened she might have married, had a family with a man much better than her father...

It hurt you...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"ACE!" Jane yelled as she accidentally pulled the wrong lever down, blowing off the generator. You yelped, but maintained your composure.

"What?" Ace asked, with a perky face, as he showed her the skeleton key he had found in the chest, along with a ring, "Girl, lady luck is shining upon me way too much, I'm afraid Entity will be pissed off."