The Executioner X (Blind) Reader (P2)

Requested by connor_yes and Cherryloverpop18. (Insert Lenny Face cuz I still don't know. T_T)

~

Zarina wasn't sure what was happening around, but she could notice some obvious changes taking place. The journalist was blessed with keen eyes, and skills she had honed over the time. She often wondered if callousness was required in a world overcome with avarice, but then it was not the world she was talking about, and there was no point of being greedy for something materialistic when life was put on stake. Unless, sanity had dwindled to the point everything seemed to exist in a blissful state, and one couldn't sap the possibilities of the abhorrent realities.

A world that fed upon instinct before life.

But then, she eyed the killer with a bolt from the blues as he marched around the map, taking every survivor mercilessly by surprise and throwing them onto the hooks with equal ruthlessness. Sometimes, the unfortunate ones ended into the thorny cages, stabbed brutally from every unsuspecting side, leaving them defenseless.

He was fierce, but it was hard to determine if he was furious or not. The creature was ethereal to look at, with a chiseled sculpted body of a man which was perfectly angular, the robes drenched in blood as usual. His butcher's robes were iconic, for she never expected an eldritch creature like him to be cladded in clothes that reminisced of humanity, for that essence was somewhat lost in his existence. He might have been a man, if not for that grotesque triangular helmet over his shoulders. It was huge, even in comparison to his behemoth-like built. Vascular and big, his physique itself struck terror in others, for they could see where things would go if they went head on to face him.

Now, Zarina had spent ample of time scourging through her world, every corner she could find to take even the tiniest of details until the time siphoned her of her strengths. She had learnt how to build nerves of steel, even if sometimes her courage faltered in this new realm.

So it was safe to assume that she was taken by the sight of him silently pursuing the blind lady. Indeed, her feet shook at the mere thought of the possibility of her demise as the creature pulled the great knife off the ground, only to put it over his sinewy shoulders.

Her breath was stuck in the throat, but her feet was frozen, not daring to move away to alert the woman hunched over the bush, cleansing the totem, blissfully unaware of the hulking presence behind her.

She watched intently as he monitored his heavy breathing, which was now shushed to a breezy murmur. It almost sounded like it was the heavy wind blowing past eroding boulders. Once the pulsating effect coarse throughout the map, she realized that the Hex was in work.

Haunted Grounds.

The Killer jolted upright with a swift swing, elated at the suspension of dark forces. The lady, however, wasn't. She flinched at the movements felt behind her, tripping in the process. Now she had realized that she was being watched.

That Poor Lady...have mercy on her. Zarina prayed, knowing well she didn't possess the required strength nor courage to face him. She felt absolute disgust at knowing how helpless and pathetic she was, and that somewhere in her heart, she cared for that lady who was held back by a keen disability but was driven by indomitable persistence to prevail.

Much to her surprise, the hulking beast of Silent Hill walked past her, his one free callous hand coming down briskly to only rest upon her head briefly, roughly caressing that head as if he wasn't aware of his own deathless prowess. A slightly rougher tug, and the hand soon left her as he walked away, prying the corners of the map for other survivors who were running away from his approaching presence, panicked and scattering around like roaches.