.22

————

(Dahyun pov)

Why must I always get splashed with water???!!!!?? It' so annoying all the time to clean up afterwards and it brings back... unwanted memories..

On a good note however, I brought a spare uniform today in my bag, otherwise I'm as good as dead. I don't wanna go back to the lunchroom right now, I'll just wait it out until classes start again. I think I have Alchemy Study next was it? Just the thought of that class annoys me, not because I'm bad in that class, quite the contrary. I excel in that class so much that I practically know the entire lesson like that back of my hand already. I mean all i have to do is just add some elements together and BOOM it's the right potion thingy. 

If I'm not wrong, Sana is the most profound in Alchemy, that was also one of her gifts at birth, must be nice. Come to think of it, I wonder how many abilities the Elites have— wait no. Why am I even thinking about them??

*sigh* what's gotten into me? I'm not being myself anymore. What am I doing with my life, why haven't I found any meaning in it? I feel worthless and empty.

"Omg have you seen her?? The girl in the black uniform?"

"Uh of course! She looks so attractive, but she also has a cold personality, like her stare" 

A few girls came into the bathroom talking or more like gossiping. They were clearly talking about me too. 

I looked over to them and they froze when they saw me just staring at them

"Oh— we—uh—sorry" one of the girls said while they took a step back for every step I took towards them until they hit the wall and realized they had no where to run. As I got closer to them I saw a faint blush coat their faces, when I felt I was close enough, I simply sent them a wink and walked out without saying anything.

As I was walking away I heard them squealing and screaming at each other about what just happened as I chuckled slightly at my own antics

Looking the small watch on my wrist, I have like 7mins before my next class. I'll just go to the rooftop in the meantime.

Why can't I shake the feeling that something big or bad is gonna happen soon. It's like a feeling of impending doom. I mean I know the 3 Acts will be happening soon, maybe it's that? Like what if Headmaster Parks decides to choose randomly the students that will be participating in the duel? What will I do then if i get chosen, but I mean it's unlikely right?? Out of everyone in Luminary NO WAY will I get chosen right?? 

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking at where I was going!" A girl said as I just processed that she ran into me and there are a bunch of papers scattered on the floor. I bent down and started to help her pick up the papers

"Oh no you don't have to do that, I should've been looking at where I was going" the girl said while I just shook my head and continued to help her, after I got everything picked up, I handed them to her, but I took a little peak at what they were, don't miss out in the upcoming events!! A chance to showcase your skills and talents in front of the whole school!!  

"Are those flyers?" I finally asked while the girl was still fumbling with the huge stack of papers she had in her hands

"Huh—oh yeah! They are flyers about the 3 Acts that I have been forced to hand out to people as well as to put them up around the school, it was fun to be in the Student Council they said, it'll be fun they said..." the girl replied and scoffed a little, I'm guessing she had probably been deceived into joining the Student Council 

"They made you pass all that out by yourself?" I asked and crossed my arms 

"Well yeah I'm the only non-elite in the council so it was kinda only right to make me pass all these out" the girl said sadly and looked down

"I could help at lunchtime tomorrow if you'd like" the girl quickly looked up with a shocked expression but shook her head

"No no I don't wanna make you waste your time helping me pass out these, it wouldn't sit right with me" 

"I want to, plus I don't have much to do at lunch anyway, might as well make myself useful" 

"Are you sure?" She asked again and I nodded 

"Well—sigh— ok, my name's Minju, Kim Minju. What's yours?" Minju asked and extended a hand

"Dahyun" i replied simply and shook her outstretched hand 

"Nice to meet you Dahyun" 

—————————————

Hello readers!!! I hope you are all enjoying the story so far! Please remember to vote and don't be a silent reader! As cringe and corny as it sounds, I'm not writing this just for writing this, I'm writing this to entertain people, so I want to get this to as many people as possible. Please share or recommend this story to anyone you can!

How will the plot change because of the unexpected introduction of Minju? What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments!