CHAPTER 28

VIVIAN'S POV

VIVIAN'S POV

I ran into Alex today. He was trying to force me again to give it another shot. I didn't want to start a fight but he then started using his hands so I punched him and left.

I was staring at the ceiling on my bed. I need to start getting ready for Stella's party or I will be late. And she would kill me if I'm even a second late.

*•••••••*

I sat on the cafeteria bench waiting for Ace. A girl came and asked, "Can I sit here?". Oh is she going to ask me about Ace? "Sure," I mumbled. She sat opposite me and glanced at me.

"Hi, I'm Stella. I'm new here!" She grinned. She sounded so sweet and genuine.

"Vivian." I smiled. "So can you suggest to me some places I can visit here? I'm so lost." She said with an awkward chuckle. "There are many places here. I can take you if you want." I said.

"Oh yeah, that be great." She said with excitement.  "Who are they?" She asked pointing to someone behind me. I turned around and spotted Ace and Max. "Ace and That guy is Max. why?" I said pinpointing them.

"Oh everyone were staring at them so I asked." She said continuing with her food. "So you are not interested in them," I asked.

"Max. He is attractive but I'm not looking for anyone. I just got out of a messy relationship. And crushes and relationships will just make it Messier." She mumbled. I hope she isn't lying. "Why are they coming towards us?" She asked.

"Because they are my friends." I drawled. Ace sat beside me and Max sat beside Stella. "Hi.." Max smirked.

"Not interested!" Stella said. Wow! Finally! "Hi.." Ace whispered copying Max. "Shut up!" I hissed and he let out a small laugh.

We talked about random things. Me and Stella that day went to a lot of places. And from that day onwards I finally had a friend with whom I could talk about girl stuff, boys, and relationships.

*••••••••*

I checked myself in the mirror. I was wearing a simple black dress with sheer sleeves. I didn't make any hairstyles, just opened my hair. I wore my heels and walked out of the room. I need this night or any night when I can freely drink. One night to pretend everything is normal.

"Hey Amanda!" I smiled. She was watching Tv with Ethan. "I will be back by 11." I said. "Can I come Viv." Ethan said running towards me. "Not today Ethan. I promise I will take you out for ice cream tomorrow! Okay!" I smiled. "Okay." He mumbled and walked back to the couch.

"I will see you guys later," I said and exited my apartment. I sat in my car and drove towards the venue. Before going in I checked myself in the rearview mirror.

I enter the place. I found Stella Dancing in the crowd. I made my way towards her. "Hi." She looked at me and hugged me. "You look pretty!Happy Birthday!" I shouted over the music. "Thank you." She smiled. "Come on I want you to meet some of my friends from college." She said. "Oh Stella-"

"Come on I want them to meet my best friend. My person." She said and grabbed my arms. We walked towards a bunch of people dancing in a circle.

I was hoping to avoid awkward conversations. Where are they? Where are Ace and Max the only people I know other than Stella?

Well, It's too late now. I was already getting introduced by Stella. Wow, this is awkward. People are smiling and some of them are checking on me.

"Hi," I mumbled which they probably didn't hear. They started dancing and talking to each other. "I will go get a drink." I said to Stella. She nodded and I walked towards the bar.

I ordered the drink and was waiting for the bartender to make it. "Hi." Someone said from behind. I quickly turned around and saw Ace. "Viv?" He sounded a little shocked.

His eyes scanned me. My eyes met him. He looked good. I admit he looked very attractive right now.

"Here," The bartender said placing the drink in front of me. The bartender gave me a flirtatious wink and a smile and placed a napkin beside my drink.

"You are not drinking. You agreed." Ace said moving the drink away from me. "If I don't drink you don't drink!Deal!" I declared. "Deal. We don't drink tonight." He raised his eyebrows.

I smiled and ordered a Coke and so did he. I checked the tissue paper. It was his number. I folded it and kept it in my purse.

After a few minutes, Max showed up. And after that Stella and her few friends. I just wanted to be here for Stella. And I'm not complaining she made new friends. It's just that I'm trying and they are not. It gets weird and awkward with them.

I'm gonna get through this night without drinking. At least I will try!
.
.
.
.