CHAPTER 20

ACE'S POV

ACE'S POV

Everything was going well. No sign of Orson's man. Orson's main base of operation is in Portland. He is mostly here that's why I insisted on coming. Because I know how his mind works and I know if he knew that Viv's here he would attack her.

Because he knew how close she was to me while we were young. I looked around and spotted a girl checking me out. She quickly looked away when our eyes met. I smirked and glanced at my laptop.

I looked up again to order myself a coffee but my eyes landed on Viv. I sucked In a breath. Wow, she looked beautiful and elegant. I quickly looked away and concentrated on my work.

"Hi, Donavan!" Viv said after reaching my table. "Viv, what are you doing here?" I asked. "I wanted a dessert!" She said. "I will be back!" She continued and got up.

"Where are you going?" I asked meeting her eyes. "Just to check out options. Honestly, everything looks good from here." She said glancing at the display.

"Sit down, they will bring it to you," I said. "But how would I know what I want" She pointed out. "Well, they will bring every type of dessert then," I said. "I don't want everything-" Before she could complete I told the waiter passing by to bring all the options. "Why would you do that? Who's gonna pay for unnecessary items!?" she whispered- Yelled.

"It's already paid for!" I said. "How?" She asked. "I own this hotel, Darling" I smiled. "So our stay, food, everything is free?" She asked. "Yes," I said typing an email to one of my employees.

"So why this place?" she asked as the waiter started putting all kinds of desserts on the table. "My father bought it because he loves this City. Now since he is dead I'm running this place." I replied. She just hummed in response.

"Ace? Don't you want any? These are good. " She said taking a bite. I looked at her for a second. The way she was enjoying her desserts. "Umm... sure," I said taking a bite from the one she was having.

"By the way, do you work all the time?" She asked. "No..." I scoffed. "Yes..." She countered back. "I'm not working all the time!" I defended. Her eyes dropped to my laptop and I quickly closed it.

After she was done eating she got up. "If you are not working all the time then come with me  for a walk." She said. "I don't like cold."

"Sup, guys!" Wyatt said coming beside Viv. "You joining me for a walk?" Viv asked Wyatt. "Sure. But in 15-20 minutes. A girl is checking me out so..." He mumbled the last part to Viv. "Oh.. alright, have fun.." She gave him a side hug as he made his way to a girl.

"Alright then see you at dinner." She smiled and walked towards the exit. I can't let her leave alone. I rushed towards her. I grabbed her arm and spun her around. "What?!" She exclaimed.

"I'm coming with you." She studied me for a second and freed her hand. She walked outside and I followed her.

*•••••••*

"Why do you need a walk anyway? Aren't you cold?" I asked walking beside her. We were wandering like this for almost an hour. "I like to explore new places. It's not like we are doing anything." She replied.

I looked around. still no sign of Orson's men. "What are you looking for? Are you expecting someone?" She asked.

"No."

"Wow, Nice talk Ace." She said with sarcasm. The streets are less busy than usual. Maybe just because of the cold. "Viv, can we go home now?" I asked. "I'm not holding you, Ace." She sighed. In a way you are! I looked behind. I thought someone was following us but there was only one car parked far away from us. 

I noticed the logo printed on the car it was Orson's. Of course, how did I not see that coming? "Viv, let's go." I held her arm and increased our speed. "What why?" She whined stopping and freeing herself.

But before I could reply Orson's man threw a grenade in our direction. She noticed and we tried to get far away from that grenade.

"Viv." I covered her with my arms and we both fell when the grenade blew up. I was on top of her. Her eyes were closed.

"Viv? You alright?" I asked studying her for a second. "Yeah." She mumbled. I helped her up. "Go run! I have a gun." Wyatt screamed from a distance. When did he get here?

"Go Now!" He yelled aiming at his men. I grasped her hand. "Ace! We can't leave him alone!" She argued. "Who says we are leaving him alone."

"Then what are you doing?" She asked glancing at our hands. "I'm just pulling you to safety!" I said pulling her out of there. "Ace, No. I can help," she claimed. "The only way you can help us is by us knowing that you are safe." I clenched my jaw.

"Now go! Hide." I said. "Please!" I added. She pursed her lips and ran. Due to the haze, I couldn't see in which direction she went.

I pulled out my gun and ran towards Wyatt. We should've never left the hotel. We were safe there. Why didn't I convince her to stay at the hotel? Why can't I think straight when she is around me?
.
.
.
.
.