CHAPTER 11

VIVIAN'S POV

VIVIAN'S POV

"I'm going to quit my job today," I said to Stella. I brushed my fingers through my hair and checked my outfit once in the mirror.

"Why?"

"I'm focusing on my college now. My paintings are not turning out the way I wanted." I answered. "Are you kidding? Your paintings are amazing!" She said.

"Still. It's getting too hectic for me." I replied.

"Anyways can you look after Ethan? I will be back in an hour." I continued.

"Sure." She said. I gave her a side hug before leaving. I checked my watch. It was around 5 just the time for my shift. I walked towards my work because it was not so far and I needed fresh air. I signed my resignation letter before going in.

"Hi, Amy. Manager in yet?" I asked. "Yeah in the back," she answered.

"What's up." She inquired. "I'm quitting today. Too much load from college." I answered. "Wait you are leaving? You are my favourite colleague here." Her eyes widened.

"Don't worry. I will still come here. It's still my favourite cafe." I said giving her a small hug. "I will miss you."

"I'm not dying Amy. But I will miss you too." I said with a laugh. I clutched the resignation letter and went inside. I handed my resignation to the manager of the cafe. He is a nice and understanding guy.

I talked to Amy for a bit before leaving. I decided to take a long route. Because it was already dark due to winter and well I wanted to walk a little bit.

I barely get time for myself and this walk would be nice for me with all the stress my father being here has given me. I don't what's gotten into me. I never want someone dead so badly. The worst part is I can't do it myself and even if I did I would go to jail for a long time. Which I can't afford because Ethan is too small.

My last option is Ace. Only he can kill him. But I don't want to ask for his help. He is just so annoying and an asshole. We used to be good friends but after his father died everything changed. He changed.

*••••••••••*

"Ace. Do you want to hang out at Malabar today?" I asked walking beside him, trying to catch up with him.

"I'm busy. And don't you have other Friends, Viv" He grunted speeding up. I have friends yet I prefer his company but I don't think I want to be around him anymore.

He has been acting like this since his father died. And I understand that but the way he has started acting with me. The way he has changed. He has become so mean to me. And I'm trying to adjust to that but I can't deal with this every day.

"Viv. Don't mind him. He Is just Ace. You know how he is. He is really stressed about running this Mafia." Max said giving me an emphatic smile.

"I understand. But a person has a limit you know. From now on I will just keep my distance. Best for both of us." I said and walked towards my class.

*•••••••••*

After that, we had a huge fight before his graduation and many mean words were spoken, which I still didn't mean, but can't say the same about him. He remains the same asshole he was before and the little hatred I had for him grew bigger and bigger. I liked what we had but some things aren't meant to work out.

Now he is the only person who can help me. I don't want to ask for his help. I don't want to deal with his shitty attitude again. But what choice do I have? To protect my brother I have to.

I took a deep breath. I was almost home. It was only a few blocks away. Suddenly a car pulled beside me. Oh Fuck! I'm in trouble.

I recognize the logo printed on the car. It was the same logo which was tattooed on Silas's man's neck. Two huge men came out of the car. I backed away as one of them plunged towards me. I tried to protect myself by kicking him and punching his face. But that did nothing.

The other men marched towards me with a needle. Maybe anaesthesia. I don't know. I tried to get away but I wasn't successful. They both grabbed my arm and threw me into the backseat. The guy gave me anaesthesia or maybe something else but it was strong.

My eyes were slowly shutting down. The last thing I heard was one of the guys talking on the phone saying. "We have her Sir. We will reach in few minutes."

Fuck! Shouldn't have left without my gun!
.
.
.
.