CHAPTER 22

VIV'S POV

VIV'S POV

"Good morning!" I greeted Wyatt. I was still ignoring Ace after yesterday. "Good morning! Didn't sleep well?" Wyatt asked. "No!" I said taking a bite of my waffle.

I glanced at Ace. He was busy staring at his phone. I rolled my eyes and concentrated on my breakfast. "When are we leaving?" I asked.

"Whenever you want, Car is waiting outside," Ace spoke looking at me. "Alright then!" I mumbled. I asked one of the waiters for coffee to go.

As soon as we walked outside the cold breeze hit me. I'm not a huge fan of road trips, especially in winter. And with Ace being here this road trip is going to be hell!

*••••••*

The nearer that ranch got the more weird I felt. It just feels strange to meet your father's other family without My father. Not that I want him here but still.

I looked outside. It looked beautiful. "We will be there in a few minutes!" Ace told me. "Okay. I will go in first!" I declared. Fortunately, they did not argue.

In a few minutes, we were parking outside a farm. The location of the ranch was incredible. "Alright, you guys wait here! I will be back." I said and opened the main front gate to the house. Now that I'm standing here I don't feel weird or nervous. I just want to get through this.

I rang the doorbell and took a step back. A guy in his mid-20s opened the gate. He leaned on the door frame and checked me out. "Hey!" He smiled. "What's a pretty lady like you doing here?" He winked.

"I'm here to talk about George Hale," I said and his expression completely changed. "He doesn't live here!" He tried to close the door but then a woman stopped him. She looked kind.

"Hi, I'm Jane and this is Finn. I apologize for his behaviour." She said shaking my hand. "She is here to talk about George!" Finn said.

"Oh, George. He is a wonderful human." Jane beamed with happiness. "Please come in." I smiled and followed her.

"How do you know George?" She asked as we both sat on the sofa opposite each other. Should I tell them the truth? I should tell them the truth. "I work with him. I'm Lily."  I couldn't.

"Oh yes! He told me he will send someone." Wow! I didn't see that coming. "Yes! He sent me!"

"You seem young to work for him." She said. "Well, money makes you do anything," I replied with an awkward chuckle.

"I will be back." She said. "You don't like Mr Hale?" I asked Finn. "No." He grunted.

"Is he not your father?"I asked. "Stepfather. Not my choice." He sighed. "When he got here covered in blood. Pretending to be lost. I knew that he wasn't good. He trapped my mother, made her fall madly in love with him then left when those guys showed up." He groaned.

"What guys?" I asked. "They were asking him for money. They were wearing suits and said Orson sent us. Yeah, they were scary." He replied. Orson's men? I thought Orson just met him. If he lost Orson's money why would Orson help him? This is messing with my head.

"Here!" Jane walked into the hallway with a file. Her expression was different when she walked outside. "You can call your friends in too for a coffee!" She smiled. Not a kind smile. She smiled like she knew something about me. Is she onto me?

"Umm... sure. I will call them." I said and walked towards the gate. "I will make coffee..." Jane said. I walked towards Ace and Wyatt. "She is calling you for a coffee," I mumbled. They both looked at each other.

"Umm and also don't mention your real names. I think she is onto us. And I'm Lily again." I said as we all went inside. "Lily," Finn smirked as he opened the door to us.

"I'm Finn!" He introduced himself to Ace and Wyatt. "Felix."Ace. "Thomas." Wyatt.

"Please. Come in." It sounded forceful. "I need to get out of here!" I whispered to Ace as he was walking beside me. "Just a few more minutes." He bent down and whispered in my ears. His hand rested on my lower back for a second then quickly removed it.

We sat down. I do want this to end. And I know she called George before giving us this file. I know I'm not going to find anything in this file I'm clutching in my hand. Yet I'm still staying for this coffee.

What if she poisons them and won't give the antidote to me until I accept Silas's offer. The rest of the conversation with that family was blur. I didn't pay attention to what they were saying because I was too busy trying to figure out if my coffee is poisoned or not.

Fear does that sometimes. I know she wouldn't try to kill me but still, I can't be sure how one thinks. By the looks of it, George is the most perfect husband for her, she is blinded by this one-sided love and I have no idea what she is capable of. Let's just take a chance what's the worst that could happen?
.
.
.
.
.