CHAPTER 26

VIV'S POV

I still can't stop thinking about that stupid fucking kiss. And it wasn't just a kiss, we made out for like 15 minutes. "So what are you going to do for your birthday?" I asked Stella trying to distract my mind from that kiss.

"Nothing!" she simply said. "Stella Why? " I whined. "Because you have a lot going on and It will just be stupid to have a party." She declared.

"No Stella! Come on it will be a good escape from everything that's going on. And one night won't hurt." I tried to convince her. "Stella Please! It's your birthday!" I said practically begging.

It's Stella's Day and I don't want her to ruin it just because I'm caught up in this mess. "Viv It's day after tomorrow and-"

"No. You are having a party! I don't care what's going around you. Just forget about it for one night and be happy. Be like you always are!" I cut her off. "Okay!" She mumbled.

I smiled and hugged her from the side. "You still haven't told me about the details of you and Ace's kiss." She said changing the subject. I let out a sigh.

"There are no details. It was just the heat of the moment! And the rest you already knew! So stop with the kissing already!" I said. "Still it's so unexpected!" She Laughed.

"Stop making fun of me!" I huffed but she continued to laugh! "Alright, I have to go to college!" I declared brushing my hair. "Bye!" I pecked her cheeks and left.

We got home yesterday. Still Ace hasn't sent me the file details which he was translating. I don't want to go to college. Even though I had enough sleep somehow it didn't feel like enough. I don't know how to explain it.

I rubbed my eyes and walked towards my class sipping on hot coffee. I sat beside a girl who I thought wouldn't try to make a conversation but oh boy I was so wrong!

Her name was Ally and she was very happy and chirpy unlike my mood right now. "Do you have Ace Donavan's number?" She asked out of nowhere. "Huh.. Ace..No why?" I stammered.

"I mean he is crazy hot and any girl would die to get his number." She said. "Yeah Sure." I rolled my eyes. "You don't like him?" She asked.

"Not really," I mumbled. "Why?!" She asked Shocked. God! I want to avoid this conversation. I'm trying to forget about him and she is only talking about him and nothing else. "Just I don't like him," I replied.

"Oh...Well." She sighed. Suddenly my phone rang it was Ace and unfortunately, Ally saw his caller I'd. "Hello?" I answered picking up.

"Is that Ace Donavan?" She mouthed. "No, he. He is another Ace. He is a friend from Portland." I panicked.

"Portland Huh?" He smirked I felt it through my phone. "Oh okay." she sighed. "What do you want?" I asked. "A friend! That's odd of you!"

"You want me to give your number to her?" I whispered. I made sure she didn't hear what I said. "Okay alright!" He let out a small laugh.

"What are you doing?" He asked. "Painting. I'm in a class." I said. "When will you be free?" He asked. "Tomorrow noon when I have a break between my classes," I said. "Alright then." He said and hung up.

The rest of the day went by and I heard a lot of things about Ace. It was like I was living in hell. The one person I wanted to avoid thinking of and here I am only talking about him.

*••••••••*

I'm at college again. I should be out there thinking of the ways I can kill my father but here I am doing a stupid assignment. It's like I'm living a life where my father is not alive, I'm happy and I don't have to work with Ace. Because that asshole still didn't tell me what is in those files.

I walked towards my locker. Finally a free period. I'm going to take a long nice nap in the library. I shoved my canvas and my bag in the locker and closed it.

"Hi!" Ace said out of a sudden. I didn't realise he was behind the locker. "Fuck! What are you doing here?" I shrieked.

"These files are in Spanish and I'm a little rusty. So I was just dropping it off." He said handing me two files. "You could've called!" I said.

"I would but you never pick up plus I was passing by." He said. "Oh yeah! I switched off my phone and put it in my locker!" I remembered. "And also My Spanish is also rusty so I might need some help," I added.

"Ace Is that You?!" Maddy shrieked coming from behind. "Oh, you are on your own in this one! I will meet you in the library. Then we can decode there!" I muttered. "No! You are staying here!" He said grabbing my arm. I tried to free myself but his grip was too tight.

"Are you here for me?" She asked. "No!" He replied. "Okay come on there is an empty classroom-"

"Maddy I have work to deal with and frankly I'm in no mood to hang out with you!" He declared. "Let's go!" He asked me to move. "What No!" Maddy whined.

"People are staring and I have a reputation for hating you," I mumbled. "I don't care Viv. I can't deal with Maddy." He said. He pulled me out of that corridor and into the library.

Oh Fuck. "Do you really need my help?" I asked. "Yes Viv. Well if you can do it by yourself then I can leave!" He shrugged.

"Well, I am no good in Spanish!" I mumbled. "Then looks like I'm staying." He gave me a sarcastic smile.

I groaned as we both sat on the chair in the library. People were already staring. Now I have to get used to it for at least an hour.
.
.
.
.
.