CHAPTER 7

VIVIAN'S POV

"What's wrong? Why are you not eating your food? You don't like it?"  Alex asked. I was having lunch with him today as a date. But I have not feeling it these last few days since I found out Silas is my dad.

"No it's good," I said taking a bite. "So what happened? Why are you so bummed out?" He questioned. "It's nothing," I answered with a smile. "So you want to go out next thursday? A party?"

"Sure."

I guess a couple of drinks won't hurt. Maybe it will be a good distraction for one night. After We finished our food we decided to take a walk to my house.

"You look good today!" He complimented. "Thank you." I smiled. Don't get me wrong this guy is great but we have nothing in common. I don't know what to talk about. Am I a terrible person because I feel that way?

After a few minutes of silence, we finally reached my house. He pulled me closer and kissed me gently. I responded and kissed him back. "Bye" I whispered pulling apart from the kiss.

"Bye." He muttered with a smile. I smiled at him as I went inside my apartment. I touched my lips. It didn't feel the way kisses were supposed to feel. I went upstairs, unlocked my liquor cabinet and poured myself a glass of whiskey neat. I gulped it down in one go and then poured another glass.

I took the bottle to my room. I Drank almost half of the bottle then fell asleep.

*•••••••*

"MOM?!" I exclaimed shaking her. I heard Ethan's Faint crying so I ran towards him. I tried to shush him. After a while, He eventually calmed down and fell asleep in my arms.

I gently placed him in his crib as I ran outside. The doctor already declared her dead due to an overdose and was taking her body away. I had no emotions as they took her lifeless body from my apartment.

"Ma'am Would like her body to be cremated or buried." One of the nurses asked. "Umm... Buried I guess." I answered. " Just sign this paperwork. Where is your father?" He inquired and I didn't have an answer to that.

"I... I don't know." I stammered as I signed the papers. "Just tell us when you want the funeral and we will show you the plot- "

"I don't want to have a funeral And any plot is fine." I declared. The voices around me became faint and my head was spinning.

I went to Ethan's room and stayed with him the whole day. I don't know why I wasn't feeling any emotions. My real mother died. I get she was a terrible mother but still, I could let out some real emotions but I couldn't. I've been numb since she first started taking drugs and hit me. I was only 12 when I had to learn self-defence to protect myself.

*•••••••*

Since then well she tried to hit me but failed miserably. I felt some kind of relief when she died at least now I don't have to put up with her fucking shit.

I am now all alone, well except Stella she is my backbone. Everyone at school is an asshole but I don't mind it. Everyone has a different kind of nature and an urge to feel superior to everyone. But who I am to care? I got Stella.

One thing that came out great from my mother's death is my freedom. I'm my own person now. I can live my life peacefully.

Plus the side job keeps me going. At first, that job was some kind of escape from my reality but now it's like an adrenaline rush. And the fun of doing it alone. I just can't express it.

Sure it comes with a certain type of danger but being careful keeps me doing this job my way. It's a thrill to live a life like this.

.
.
.
.