CHAPTER 13

VIVIAN'S POV

VIVIAN'S POV

I was exhausted when I woke up. Do you blame me? I'm functioning on 3 hours of sleep. I had to attend college today or I will lose my credit. I wore something comfy because my side stomach was hurting like hell. And I don't know why because I iced that bruise for like almost 30 minutes.

I put my hair in a low bun using a claw clip and packed my bag. I looked myself in the mirror. Busted lips, stitches on forehead and to add those eye bags. Wow, I look fucking terrible.

I ran out of my apartment cause I was already late. Good thing Stella dropped Ethan off while going to her college. I drove towards my college. It's a good thing it's an art college and the professors here are cool with being late in class.

I stood outside my class thinking whether I should go in or not. It's weird when people stare at me. I get awkward. I took a deep breath and walked in.

"Miss Hale, You are late." the professor said. "Yeah, I know."

"Please take your seat." He said minding his business and not asking me about my wounds. As I walked towards my seat everybody was staring at me.

"What? Never seen someone with a Fucking bandage?" I hissed and everybody looked away. "Miss Hale." Professor narrowed his eyes. I mumbled a sorry and sat in my seat. I was not at all sorry.

*•••••••*

As I was walking towards the exit I bumped into Alex. "Hey." He pecked my lips. "Hi."

"What happened." He asked touching my lips.I'm not loving this. Ah, I'm a terrible person. "Nothing, I fell," I answered.

"You could've called me." To watch me get stitches. "It was just a small cut."

Suddenly my phone dinged. It was Ace,

"My house. In 15 minutes?"

"Your house. Why?"

"Fewer people right."

"Right. Okay."

"Who is that?" Alex asked. "Stella," I answered glancing at him. "I have to rush Alex, See you later."

"Umm... Okay. Bye." He said kissing me again. "Bye." I smiled and walked out of the exit. I sat in my car and drove towards Ace's house.

On my way, I picked up Ethan( Stella will meet me there. She insisted on coming). Amanda is busy today So I don't have a choice. "Viv, I'm sleepy." He mumbled rubbing his eyes. "Go to sleep. We will be there in a few minutes." I said running my hand through his hair. And in a few seconds, he was already asleep.

We reached Ace's house in about 10 minutes. I picked Ethan up in my arms, locked my car and walked towards his front gate.

I rang the doorbell and took a few steps back. I heard footsteps and then Sawyer opened the door. "Miss Hale, We were expecting you." He said and I smiled. "Hi, Sawyer." He returned the smile.

"Hello, Miss Hale."

"It's Viv," I pointed out. H nodded and led me in. On my way, I bumped into Mrs Lillian Donovan, Ace's Mum. "Vivian, It's been so Long since I saw you, you look beautiful, darling." She complimented. "Hi Mrs Donavan, You look amazing too."

"Oh please call me Lillian, What happened Darling? This looks very bad." She asked. "I fell down the stairs. It's nothing." She looked at me with a concerned face then glanced at Ethan.

"Is this Ethan?"She asked. "Yeah." I smiled. "How old is he? The last time I saw him was when he was 5 months old." She said touching his back. Before I could answer Ace walked in "Mom?"

She didn't respond because Ethan was sleeping. "Shh... Ace." She scolded him. "Sorry, I wouldn't have brought him. It's just his Babysitter was busy so...." I drawled.

"Hush... You both are invited anytime. So How old is he?" She asked again. "He just turned five," I said Glancing at him and then at Ace. He was staring at me as If he was trying to figure out something.

"Mom, can you take care of Ethan? We have some work to do?" Ace asked looking at his mom. "Yeah Of course."

"Are you sure?" I asked. "Of course. Who wouldn't want to take care of this cute little boy." She chimed as I handed her Ethan. "He will probably be asleep the whole time."

Ace suddenly grabbed my hand. "Don't worry he will be fine." He said leading me to somewhere in his house. "Ace. Slowly." I hissed as he slowed down his pace.

He opened a gate and revealed his office. "You look terrible." He asked as We both sat down opposite each other. "Thank you," I said sarcastically.

"Fuck, what did he do to you." He asked glancing at my wound. "Nothing much. Just kidnapped me, gave me something very strong to make me unconscious and slapped me a few times."

"What did he say to you?" He asked.

I pulled out the tissue paper from my pocket and handed it to him. "What this?" He asked. "Oh-" I opened it and showed him a small chip, "A recording device. It recorded everything he said while I was unconscious. Just hope he was around me while he talked."

"Alright then let's hear it." He said and pulled out his laptop. Let's hope we have something good. Something we can use against him.
.
.
.
.