Chapter 1

(THE ABOVE IMAGES ARE VIVIAN'S APARTMENT)

VIVIAN'S POV

"Where did she go." I heard a faint noise. I crunched the envelope preparing myself to run at any chance I get. I glanced at them.

"Did you find her?" one of them asked. "No, I think she is gone." another one said. " Let's go back! I'm sure the envelope contains nothing!"

The other men agreed with him as they disappeared in cold mist. I looked around for one more time before I made a run towards my car.

I looked at the envelope for a second. I don't care what's in the envelope but only that I'm paid 6 Grand to deliver it. Enough to get me and Ethan, My 5-year-old brother through the month.

On my way back home I dropped the envelope in a bin. I didn't bother to wait for someone because I knew no one would go through the trash in the middle of the night.

As I was opening the door to my apartment I got a notification of 6000 dollars credited to my account.

I checked up on Ethan. Fyi I didn't leave Ethan alone My flatmate and best friend, Stella was here the whole time. I changed into my pyjamas and fell on my bed. It was a matter of seconds before sleep took over me.

*———————*

"Viv?"

"Stella?" She rolled her eyes. "How did it go?" The only person who knows about my other job is Stella. "Good," I replied. Stella and I have been friends since high school. She just recently moved in when she had a huge fight with her parents.

"Stella, can you drop Ethan at school today? I have to rush to college" I asked while I prepared breakfast.

"Sure will drop him on my way," she said stuffing her mouth with eggs. "You know you have enough money saved up. You can lead an amazing life, Viv. Why continue this shit?" Stella groaned. She never liked my job. "Stella. I don't think it's enough. Plus I like doing this. It's Fun." I mumbled the last part.

"You just like getting yourself killed don't you!" she huffed. "I will be fine!" I said with a small smile. Before she could react Ethan came running into the kitchen and hugged me. I picked him up and posed him on the kitchen counter.

"What's for breakfast?" He grinned. "Eggs and milk," I answered. He smiled as he chewed.

"Ethan, Stella will drop you today. Okay?!" He nodded his head as I kissed his cheeks. I gave Stella a side hug before leaving.

Ah, Art college never lets you rest!

The day at college went by. Got a ton of assignments but that's the thing about college you have to do more work at home than there.

I started my shift at the cafe. The only place where coffee is good and lucky me I managed to land a job here.

It's been almost two hours and it wasn't as busy as usual so I started to doodle on a tissue paper. I was so lost that I didn't notice someone walk in until they reached the counter.

"Sawyer? Hi."

"Hello, Miss Hale.Usual please." He smiled at me.    Sawyer is a driver of Ace Donavan. The meanest person I know. He is terrible and I hate him. One of the employees handed me his order. "6.75." He handed me the money and left. I rolled my eyes and got back to my doodling.

*———————*

Living a stable life in this world is very difficult. I'm just waiting for a break. At least for that period, I won't have to worry about a job, college or money.

Since My Mom and Dad died all I wanted was to give Ethan a Life I never had. And for that, I will work my ass off.

I'm just happy that he doesn't have parents which I had in my life. I know I could never replace the love of Mother and Father but to have parents like them it's better not to have them at all.

My mother was an Alcoholic. Ethan was only 2 years old when she overdosed. It broke me but I was already prepared that it was gonna happen someday. At least she never abused me. That's a good thing tho.

And My dad Died a year after that. He was involved in some sketch Mafia-related shit. I never even got to see the body. I just got a letter that he was dead.

I've been taking care Of Ethan since his birth, I'm not complaining, I love him but sometimes I just wish I could enjoy my life like all the other people in their early 20s.

Life is cruel but you have to make the most of it!

.
.
.
.
.

VOTE
SHARE
COMMENT