38 | Bickering

New update!!!!

I have to attend a placement drive for the next few days so the updates might get irregular.

Vote faster!!!

_________________💕________________

Mishti's POV. -

"Kya karen. Tum apane dost ko bhul gayi to tumhe yaad dilane ke liye yaha aana pada."

(What to do. You forgot your friend, so to remind you, I had to come here.)

I blinked my eyes while staring at him. My anger was subtle as I saw him staring at me with a smile but it was not a normal one. I gulped and looked down as the memories of that night flashed in front of me.

"Bhul gayi na?"

(You forgot right?)

He asked again in a low tone. I clutched my fingers tightly before huffing and looking at him. He didn't look angry but there was a kind of pain behind his smile. The sudden guilt of not answering his calls and messages made me shiver. His gaze was full of questions but he didn't say anything. My head automatically moved from side to side. His smile widened as he chuckled while nodding lightly.

"That's good."

My stomach tightens at his words. I glanced around nervously and before he could ask anything further I decided to leave.

"I'm....getting late."

I mumbled and tried to walk past him but he held my hand not so tightly to stop me.

"Uh-huh. Not so easily."

I looked at him baffled. He intertwined our hands before taking me with him. I was so surrounded by the fact that he was here and actually talking with me that I couldn't even protest. He took me to the other side of the temple. I slowly raised my eyes to see where he was taking me. My breath hitched when I noticed Didi standing at some distance. My steps froze causing him to turn toward me.

"Kya hua?"

(What happened?)

I took a shuddering breath and looked at him with my pleading eyes. I could sense that he was understanding my emotions. He just smiled and shook his head.

"You should not be afraid of your own people, Mishti."

I blinked my eyes rapidly as he again started to walk. My steps followed his and I lowered my gaze when we reached closer.

"Here your sister."

He said while letting go of my hand and making me stand in front of Didi. I kept my gaze low and stared at the floor. I could see her taking a step closer before she hugged me tightly. My eyes shut tightly as she patted my back. My hands trembled to hug her back.

'You are a bad omen for my family.'

The words rang in my ears causing me to gulp and slightly push her away. She broke the hug and I took a step back without looking up.

I have to keep my distance. I can't let Baba's words come true.

"Mishti."

"I...need to go."

I mumbled and turned around before walking away. I didn't know where I was going but I just wanted to get away from her. I kept walking until I came out of the temple. I took my phone and called Bhavana. I informed her that I was going home. She asked to come with me, but I told her that it was okay and I'd be fine.

I sighed and sat on the nearest bench. My head started to spin due to all the flashbacks. I shook my head vigorously before getting up and taking a cab to go home.