48 | A New Life

I'm back!!!

If you guys are enjoying the story, consider about following me too.

Make 60 votes!!!

_________________💕________________

Mishti's POV. -

The whole night, I kept switching positions but couldn't sleep. The thought of leaving Dida alone and walking into a new life was making me feel restless. I hugged my teddy tighter and shut my eyes.

Everything will be fine Mishti.

I consoled myself and breathed deeply. I didn't realise when the sleep embraced me. I woke up when someone shook me. I blinked my eyes before opening them. Through my blurred vision, I saw Dida pulling the converter from me.

"Dida. A little more."

I whined and turned to the other side. I was about to drift back to sleep but Dida shook me making me flinch and wake up.

"Shona. Wake up!! You will get late for the pooja."

My eyes wrinkled before I opened them and abruptly sat up. I blinked my eyes and rubbed my face as I realised what today was.

I looked towards Dida and saw her shaking her head. She ruffled my hair and smiled.

"Come on, get up."

I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. How can I forget it? Something has changed. And more things will change now.

I brought my legs down and stood on my feet. Dida held my shoulders making me look at her. She caressed my face.

"Are you...sure?"

She asked and I blinked. I looked towards the window and saw the sky was slowly turning orange as the sun was rising. The birds were chirping and the morning breeze was entering through the open window. It was a new day with a new meaning. Just like my life.

I looked back at Dida and tried to smile a little. Nodding lightly, I saw Dida smiling a little and patting my cheek.

"Go take a bath. Then I'll help you with the saari."

She said making me glance towards the plate that Kavya Bhabhi had given me yesterday. I nodded lightly and went inside the bathroom. As Dida asked me to, I took a long bath and washed my hair too. I dried myself before slipping inside the skirt and blouse and covered myself with a towel to walk out of the bathroom. I had tied my hair in another towel to let it soak in the water.

Dida looked at me and I went to stand in front of her. I removed the towel as she took the saari and started draping it around me. She made the plates and tucked them in the front of my waist before taking the other end. She made the same plates and settled them on my shoulders. She secured it with a pin and straightened the wrinkles. I just stood idly until she finished and then turned a little towards the mirror.

I couldn't help but smile. It was the first time I was wearing a saari like this. I always wore a saari in Bengali style, but this looked beautiful too. The red colour of the saari and the delicate work on it were also eye-catching.

Dida pushed me down making me sit in front of the mirror. I blinked as she removed the towel and let my hair fall. She tapped the towel on my hair to dry it and rubbed it gently. I stared at her face to see her smile while doing everything.

"Teri Maa ke bhi aise hi baal the. Lambe aur ghane."

(Your mother also had the same hair. Long and thick.)