27 | Wedding Preparations

Sorry for the delay.

Thank you so much for 300+ votes. The next double update will be after 500 votes.

Vote fast!!!

_________________💕________________

Siddhant's POV. -

Everything she said just made me fall for her all over again. And maybe deeper. I chuckled while shaking my head and kept staring at her walking towards the temple. It wasn't in my plan but if it gave me the slightest benefit of being with her a little longer, then I couldn't let it go to waste.

Removing my seatbelt, I exited the car and followed her. She stopped near the shop and brought some flowers. She looked at me when I went to stand beside her. Her face had a different kind of smile today. The smile which makes me feel like smiling too.

I was curious about many things. She didn't tell me the truth which I was trying to know. But it was fine because we are still in the beginning state and I don't want to make her uncomfortable. But still, I was disturbed by the fact that she did not clear my misunderstanding about her family. Did she do it on purpose?

"Let's go."

She said and I smiled while following her. We entered the small temple which had the statue of Goddess Durga. I joined my hands and closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes after praying, my sight fell on her sitting in front of the statue. Her eyes were closed and she was praying silently.

I have seen her being chaotic and excited many times. But it was the first time I saw her this calm and focused. I smiled while staring at her until she finished and stood up. She placed the flowers on the feet of the statue before turning towards me. I smiled looking at her making her scrunch her face and raise her eyebrows.

"What happened?"

I shook my head while walking out of the temple with her.

"You're just like Maa."

I mumble and she stopped in her steps. She looked at me for a second before smiling widely and continued walking. I followed her silently and she started to take a round around the temple. I was just walking behind her, admiring her. Her long hair was tied in a braid, but it was a different kind of braid. I don't know why but I felt this urge to untangle her hair and play with them.

I facepalm myself while shaking off the thoughts. I cleared my throat and matched her steps to walk beside her.

"Mishti, can I ask you something?"

I asked and she glanced at me and nodded her head. I took a deep breath before asking.

"What happened to your mother?"

She stopped. I bite my lips as I saw her smile vanishing. I didn't want to invade her private life but just wanted to get to know her more. But looking at her reaction, I think I should not have asked it.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk."

I immediately added and she looked at me before smiling a little.

"It's okay."

She whispered and started walking again. I followed her tiny steps as she looked down while tucking her free hair strands behind her ear.

"She...she passed away after giving birth to me."

She muttered and I stiffened. I closed my eyes and bit my tongue. Opening my eyes I saw her still walking while taking small steps. I huffed silently and went after her.