54 | Comfort

You are taking it for granted, now I will also take it for granted. Updates are not promised. I'll update whenever I get time. I'm not stressing over it anymore.

60+ votes for the next chapter.

_________________💕________________

Mishti's POV. -

"Are you happy now?"

I felt a shiver running down my spine hearing his cold and furious voice. I blinked my eyes and looked at him. My eyes were already turning moist.

"Ji?"

I muttered not understanding the meaning behind his words. I saw his gaze getting fierce as he took his steps toward me. My fingers trembled but I kept standing stiff. He came and stood in front of me while glaring at me dangerously. My eyes didn't move from his face. I could see the anger, disgust and hatred in his eyes.

Everything for me.

I gulped when he pointed his finger at me.

"Didn't I warn you to stay away from Surbhi?"

He spoke in a low but anguish tone. I lower my gaze for a moment before looking back at him. I shook my head trying to speak.

"Baba...I didn't...."

He showed me his palm causing my words to get stuck in my throat. My eyes started to burn as I sealed my lips.

"Didi was right. You did everything purposely."

He said and palmed his forehead. I blinked and vigorously shook my head.

"I didn't."

He scoffed and held my shoulders tightly. I closed my eyes and pressed my lips together to not make any sound. His grip was steel hard and I felt my nerves stretching.

"Mujhase jabaan mat ladao. Aaj tak kya achha hua hain tumhari wajah se. Meri patni ko marakar man nahi bhara tumhara, jo ab meri beti ke peechhe padi ho?"

(Don't fight with me. What good has happened till date because of you? Are you not satisfied with killing my wife, that you are now after my daughter?)

He growled making me gulp and lower my head. My tears trickled down one by one and I tried to shake my head. He jerked my shoulders making me stumble. I kept looking down and pressed my lips together to suppress my sobs. My lips trembled and I took a step back.

"I'm sorry."

My voice was hoarse as I clutched the pallu tightly. I heard him scoff before he again held my forearm and shook me.

"Can your sorry bring back my Sharmistha?"

He asked with his eyes screaming hate. I stared at his face with my blurry vision. My mouth parted to let a sob when his fingers dug into my skin. He glared at me before leaving my hand and turning around. I rubbed my hand while sobbing.

"I...I will never hurt Didi Baba. I didn't... wanted to hurt Maa either."

I broke down while looking down. My chest started to tighten as I felt my breaths getting short. I gulped the lump forming in my throat to stop my sobs.

I raised my head a little to look at him. His back was facing towards me. I bite my lips and sniffle before bravely taking a step forward.

"Baba...I'm...I'm sorry-"

Even before my words could be finished I felt him turning around hastily and my face turned to the side with the sudden jerk. My body flinched with the impact and sobs died down in my throat. Slowly the stinging pain rose in my cheek, making me realise what had happened. I blinked a little and could hear my heartbeats.