60. Haunting

"Your father and brothers are gone, yet here you stand King in the North. Last best hope against the coming storm." Petyr went on. Jon finally turned to Petyr.

"You don't belong down here." Jon remarked calmly. The starks crypts were a sacred place.

"Forgive me. We have never talked properly. I wanted to remedy that." Petyr offered kindly.

"I have nothing to say to you." Jon corrected

"Not even thank you?" PEtyr countered "If it weren't for me you'd have been slaughtered at that battlefield. You have many enemies, My King, but I swear to you I'm not one of them. I love Sansa as I loved her mother." Petyr declared but Jon grabbed Petyr by the throat and pushed him against the wall. Petyr gasped out choking for breath scratching at Jon's hand to release him. A smile curved Riekas face.

"Touch my sister and I'll kill you myself." Jon declared before letting him go. He noticed Riekas smile at the door. He pulled her into a hug leading her away.

"Sansa is still an idiot." Rieka remarked. "Keeping baelish away is one thing. Keeping sansa away from him thats another."

"I want you to be queen in my stead." Jon remarked caressing Rieka's cheek. She stared into his eyes.

She wrapped her arms around his shoulders kissing his cheek

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

She wrapped her arms around his shoulders kissing his cheek.

"We both know Sansa won't listen to me while you are gone." Rieka countered, Jon chuckled into her. "Come back to me, Jon. I need you. We all do."

"Fast as I can." Jon promised. 

+

Men were working in the courtyard rolling carts of hay and carrying water. A blacksmith was working the forge things were getting back to normal it seemed. Rieka, Sansa, Petyr, Yohn Royce and Maester wolkan were standing on the upper level of the courtyard having a discussion on winterfells future.

"How much do we have?" Rieka questioned pulling her gaze away from a snowy Theon avalon had jumped up on him knocking him down into the snow, Ghost and avalon proceeded to jump on him, licking his face and kicking up snow. Robbie laughed out clapping from beside him. 

"4,000 bushels, My Lady."

" What does that mean?" Sansa questioned.

"Not enough." Rieka answered simply. "You need to know this if you are going to be lady of winterfell, if you plan on taking my spot." Sansa nodded her face pinched, she had always wanted to be in charge but she didnt know what leading meant.

"For the current occupants of the castle it's enough food for a year, perhaps more." Yohn offered

"What's the longest winter in the past 100 years?" Rieka questioned as they walked.

"I'm not entirely certain. I'll check Maester Llewyn's records. He kept a copy of every raven scroll." Wolkan offered hesitantly.

" You're telling me- by not telling me- that we don't have enough food, especially not if the armies of the north come back to defend Winterfell." Rieka corrected him. Sansa's eyes darted to Rieka anxiously. Sansa wasnt ready for such leadership, she wanted the metaphorical crown but she didnt know that she wanted the responsibilities of all the people on her hands. Sansa had to act the part though because Rieka didnt want a crown, she had never wanted a crown, she wanted love. The love of her life was in the courtyard right now getting attacked with kisses from the wolves.