53. Commander

While Jon was figuring out a plan Rieka told Edd to let Theon go. 

"I'm stuck in bed and he got me out of hell, please, Edd... pretty please." Rieka cooed, pouting up at him. Edd questioned her decision, of course he did but he agreed when she gave him those puppy dog eyes.  

"He's got your looks Rieka." Theon remarked as Robbie babbled against Rieka's chest grabbing her hair and smiling up at her. 

"I only see you when I look at him." Rieka countered softly. 

Rieka was felt like in this moment of seeing Theon again after her near death, she needed to trust him, and hope she wasnt falling in a freefall, but a trust fall and Theon wouldnt let her down in the end. She couldnt handle that. She trusted him.

 She wanted to let him back in. They had a son together after all but damage had been done. It couldnt be undone. But they were all fighting for a better future. Something to work towards. Rieka wanted that with him. A better future. 

Walk away from theon, jon thought as he pursed his lips when he saw them together. Rieka tensed seeing Jon approach. 

"Stay." Rieak instructed Theon. Avalon turned her head staring back at Rieka. "Stay too." She agreed. Rieka passed off Robbie and Theon cradled his little body close. "Jon, I... I dont know what you are thinking right now but-"

"He's Robbies father. I understand." Jon assured.

"It's more than that though... I... Sansa and I... he helped us..." Rieka reminded him. 

"Sansa said you both wouldnt be here if it wasnt for him." Jon recalled begrudgingly.  

 "I just-"

"I get it RIeka. He was your first love." Jon agreed stiffly. "I just dont want you getting hurt again."

"You are here to protect me." Rieka countered. 

"Cant protect you to my best efforts if you dont listen to me, Rie."

"Well you are used to me not listening." Rieka countered with a cheeky grin. 

+

"A letter for you, Lord Commander."

"I'm not Lord Commander anymore." Jon corrected but still Edd held it to Jon. Jon took the letter noticing the seal of House Bolton. He opened the scroll and started reading.

"Bolton." Jon muttered. Rieka tensed, Theon reached a hand out touching her knee. Jon didnt like how Rieka leaned into him. 

"To the traitor and bastard Jon Snow. You allowed thousands of wildlings past the Wall. You have betrayed your own kind. You have betrayed the North. Winterfell is mine, bastard. Come and see. Your brother Rickon is in my dungeon." Jon read out. Jon looked to Sansa, Rickon wasn't there when they left.

"Rickon is at winterfell?" Rieka questioned. "He wasnt when we..."

"His direwolf's skin is on my floor." Jon went on. "Come and see. I want my bride back. Send her to me, bastard, and I will not trouble you or your wildling lovers. Keep her from me and I will ride north and slaughter every wildling man, woman, and babe living under your protection. You will watch as I skin them living. You --" Jon stopped himself.

"Go on." Sansa assured.

"It's just more of the same." Jon remarked with a sigh as he put the letter away but Sansa snatched it from him.

"You will watch as my soldiers take turns raping your sister." Her voice dropped off as she looked to Rieka. 

"I can handle it." Rieka assured softly, her eyes said otherwise.