19. Numb

"Jaime attacked father, he is sending Arya and Sansa home and yet he is still the hand of the king." Rieka murmured. "Why would he stay? Clearly the lannisters hold power-"

"You believe me now that the lannisters did this to Bran?" Robb questioned. 

"I believe people are going to be mad at mother for taking him, did you hear, she took Tyrion to get revenge." Rieka remarked. 

"Thats better than revenge." Theon offered. 

"Not if she gets herself killed in the process." Rieka corrected. 

'They butchered them as if they were animals they covered our children and pigs and let them on fire. They weren't thieves they didn't steal nothing they even left something behind your grace.'

'He is the king's hand you are addressing not the king' Pycelle said 'the king is hunting.' The man stepped forward dumping out a bag filled with fish.

'Fish... they sigil of house Tully.' Petyr noted. 'Isn't that your wife's house Tully?' Petyr knowing full well it was with a smug look on his face.

'These men were they flying a banner?''

'No you're... Hand. the Man leading them was taller than any man by at least a foot taller than any man I've ever met,' the man told Ned. 'the blacksmiths saw them take the head off the horse with a single swing of her sword.'

'That sounds like someone we know. The mountain.' Petyr clarified.

'You are describing ser Gregor Clegane.' Ned confirmed.

"The lannisters dont run westeros." Theon countered. 

"They seem to think so." Rieka murmured. "How do we stop a man that shits gold?"

"Trap him and give him a laxative?" Theon offered. Rieka scrunched up her face. "Then take his shitting gold." Theon clarified. 

"Gross." Rieka laughed out. 

"You get any ravens from dear ole Jon?" Robb pondered. 

"No, Why? What happened at the wall?" Rieka demanded. 

"Nothing but it seems like the rest of our family is mess, maybe he had some news too.'' Robb offered. 

"Don't scare me, I'm already haunted enough by all this." Rieka murmured. 

'Why would ser Gregor turn though he is an honored knight?' Pyselle said

'I heard him called Tywin Lannister's mad dog.' Petyr told them 'I'm sure you have as well. Can you think of any reason the lannisters might be angry with your wife?'

'If the Lannister's were to order an attack under the kings protection it would be-' Pycelle said cautiously.

'It would be almost as brazen as attacking the hand of the king in the streets.' Petyr informed him.

'I cannot give you back your homes or restore your livestock but perhaps I can give you justice in the name of our King Robert. Lord Beric Dondarrion. You should have the command send 100 men and ride to Ser Gregor Clegane.'

'As you command.' Beric agreed. Ned stood up cane in hand, taking shaky steps forward.

"You think father is going to change his mind? ABout being the hand?" RIeka pondered as she got Rickons bath ready. 

"Long live the hand." Theon countered. 

"The castles are crumbling over there, father used to know when to speak up and get out." Rieka remarked. "Rickon I can see you, come on get in here." 

'In the name of Robert of the house Baratheon the first of his name king of the Andals and the first man lord of the seven kingdoms and the protector of the realm I charge you to bring the kings justice to the false knight Gregor Clegane and all those who shared his crimes. I denounce him I detained him I strip him of all ranks and titles of all lands and holdings and sentenced him to death,' Ned said confidently.

'My Lord this is a drastic action.' Pycelle informed him, 'it would be better to wait for King Roberts return.''

'Send a raven the casterly rock, master pycelle, inform Tywin Lannister that he has been summoned to court to answer for the crimes of his Bannerman. He will arrive within the Fortnight or we branded an enemy of the crown and a traitor to the realm.' Ned informed them, he nodded to Beric and he was off.

'A bold move my lord and admirable.' Petyr said 'but is it wise to yank the lions tail he is the most powerful man in the seven kingdoms?' Petyr smirked 'Gold wins wars not soldiers' Petyr added

'Then how come Robert is King? And not Tywin Lannister?' Ned questioned

+

Lannister red tents filled the camp, lion banners blowing in the wind.

'Gregor Clegane, the mountain will ride within a fortnight or be branded an enemy of the crown,' Jaime said 'Ned stark... brave man terrible judgment.'

'Attacking him was stupid,' Tywin said 'Lannister's don't act like fools' he went on as he gutted the beast in front of him. 'You're going to say something clever?' Tywin questioned his son, 'go on say something clever.'

'Catelyn Stark took my brother.'

'Why is he still alive?' Tywin asked

'Tyrion?'

'Ned stark.' Tywin corrected

'One of our men interfered speared him through the leg before I could finish him,' Jaime informed him.

'Why is he still alive?' he questioned again

'It wouldn't have been clean.' Jaime told him

'You spend too much time worrying about what other people think of you.' 

"I want them home. I havent heard from Arya, I wrote her when Bran woke up. After Tyrion left, I wrote her." Rieka remarked as she lay beside Theon. "I worry for them. I worry that sansa and her are both stubborn and I worry that father said he was trying to get them home." Rieka murmured. 

"Your father knows best.'' Theon assured. 

"I miss him. He needs to value his head." Rieka decided. "Staying at the capital is dangerous and risky, especially after what Jaime did."

''I didn't realize you based such high value on my brothers life.' Jaimie countered. 

''He's a Lannister, might be the lowest of the lowest but he is one of us and every day that he remains a prisoner the less our name demands respect.' Tywin told him.

'So the lion does concern himself with the opinions of-' Jaime began.

'It's not an opinion, it's a fact.' Tywin corrected. 'If another house can seize one of our own and hold him captive we are no longer a house to be feared.' Tywin informed him. 'Your mother is dead before long I will be dead and then you and your brother and your sister and all of her children all of us dead all of us rotting in the ground, it's the family name that lives on, it's the war that lives on not your personal glory, not your family, but your name. Do you understand?' Tywin questioned Jaime.

'You are blessed with skills that few men possess you are blessed to belong to one of the most powerful families in the kingdoms and you're still blessed with youth and what have you done with these blessings? Do you have served as a glorified bodyguard for two kings one a madman and one a drunk,' Tywin reminded him, 'The future of our family will be determined within the next few months what we do now will either last us 4000 years or will crumble us to nothing. I need you to become the man you were always meant to be.' He said turning his attention back to his son. 'Not next year, not tomorrow, now.' Tywin told Jaime.

"Your Father is basically babysitting Robert." Theon remarked and Rieka laughed out. 

"He really is." Rieka agreed. "I'm glad he didnt make me go. I would have hated leaving you." 

"I would have been miserable without you'' Theon declared pulling her closer, their lips mingled until her lips were happily numb.