13. Fire

"Go on summer. I know you miss Bran already." Rieka remarked when they got back. Avalon was nipping at shaggy dogs tail and he growled back jumping on her wrestling around. Rickon laughed out.

'It's time to review the accounts my lady... do you want to know how much this royal visit has cost us?'

'Talk to Paul about it.' Catelyn said distractedly.

'Paul went South with Lord Stark my lady you need a new steward and there are several other appointments that require our meeting.' The maester went on.

'I don't care about our appointments.' Catelyn spat.

"Starry night." Theon remarked. "Perfect night for some..." theon rolled his hips intl Rieka. She swatted a hand at him.

"Perfect night for what?" Rickon questioned glancing back at them.

"Yeah Theon? Perfect night for what? Keep it clean," she added.

"Perfect night for star gazing... and... such." Theon offered awkwardly.

'I will make the appointments.' Robb said 'we will talk about it first thing in the morning.'

'Very good my lord.' the maester said 'my lady.'  He turned back to Catelyn before exiting

'When was the last time you left this room?'

'I have to take care of him' Catelyn told him

'He's not going to die mother the master has assured us that the dangerous time has passed.' Robb assured.

'I do not care Brandon needs me.' Catelyn told him defensively.

'Rickon needs you,' rob corrected 'he is six he does not know what is happening he follows Rieka around all day crying for bran when shes not distracting him with the wolves or the- mum Please. Rieka tries to help him but he's scared and confused. He needs his mother too.' the wolves started to howl outside.

"Theon fire!" Rieka declared picking up Rickon.

"Bloody hell where did that come from?" Theon remarked moving to the well. "FIRE! FIRE!"

'Close the windows I can't handle that make them stop!' Catelyn said in outrage as she marched out of the room covering her ears as she stomped down the hall.

"Go inside Rieka. Check on Bran." Theon remarked.

"Mum there is a fire-" rieka remarked but catelyn was distracted.

"Mum?" Rickon begged. "Why are you running from me?" Rickon demanded.

'Fire.' Robb noted "rieka-"

"Theon started putting it out," rieka remarked.

'you stay here I'll come back.' he ran out Rieka moved around to look out the window only to see a fire blazing below. She saw shadows of theon and robb. Rickon grumbled sitting on brans bed.

"Wake up Bran. Wake up!" Rickon begged. Rieka hummed distractedly as she looked down at the fire.

'You're not supposed to be here...' Rieka spun around to see a guard staring at her, 'no one is supposed to be here... it's a mercy. he's dead already...' the guard said coming at Bran. Rickon screamed. Rieka looked around nervously for a weapon but she wasn't a fighter she charged at the man. She was going to protect her brothers but he threw her down, to the ground she pulled herself up kicking at his leg, he stumbled back, she tried again but he brought a blade to her throat she gripped it her hand bleeding in the process she bit him trying to get him to stop but he threw her to the ground she hissed in pain. Rickon screamed and screamed and screamed while bran remained blissfully ignorant as he slept. The man's target was bran not Rickon not Rieka, but summer came tearing at the man protecting her master, once dead, Summer jumped up on the bed sitting next to Bran, her dead kill bleeding out on the floor. Rickon sobbed out as Rieka panted breathlessly as Theon and Robb came running in, she looked to the blade the assassin was carrying, she picked up the blade examining it. This blade could have killed them all. Rickon jumped off the bed running to rieka falling into her sobbing.

"Rieka!" Theon declared jumping over the body, Summer's lips ran red with his blood as Theon helped Rieka sit up.

"What happened?" Catelyn questioned looking to a bleeding Rieka and the dead body on the floor. Rickon shook into rieka and she held tight to him.

"Are you alright rieka?" theon asked kissing her head she nodded slowly trying to catch her breath.

"Summer. She saved us." Rieka said leaning into Theon he held her tight glancing back at Robb. "Fucking hell he wanted to kill bran." Rieka sobbed out.