42. I'm Sorry

Rieka couldnt breathe, she turned around and ran out of the kennels without another word. Theon stood up staring back at her as sansa stumbled out as well.

"Rieka," Theon choked for breath as he watched her go. Rieka ran right into Roose.

"What happened? Whats wrong?" Roose questioned.

"Theon is here!" Rieka shouted, her chest heaving with every breath. Roose hesitated his mouth opening and closing, he knew they should have gotten rid of him. "You knew, he... he killed my brother and he's here. This whole time?"

"Rieka, listen to me," Roose begged. 

Maybe Sansa was right. ROose was manipulative and cunning, maybe he did double cross Robb after all. Rieka couldnt believe she had been so stupid. They had Theon here, here in her home, a prisoner but why not just tell her?

Theon couldnt stay away, he had to see her, he needed to talk to her. He knocked on her door and she flinched back when she saw him again. Her face pinched, filled with mixed emotions of hate and sorrow, need and panic. Seeing him on the kennel floor brought back too many feelings she wished would stay buried. 

"Rieka... I..."

"No, theon." Rieka shook her head tears falling from her eyes. 

"Reek." he whimpered.

"What?" rieka rasped confused. 

"Not Theon. Reek." He corrected.

"What happened?"

"You shouldnt be here, Rieka. You need to go. You need to go." Theon whimpered out through chattering teeth. He was crying just as hard as she was. She crumbled back and he knelt beside her. 

"Theon- Gods I hate you. I hate you."

"Reek." He whimpered. "And I hate me too." Theon assured, she met his gaze finally and he looked so broken, not the man she used to love but something else.

"What did they do to you?" Rieka rasped.

"Rieka you are not safe here." Theon begged. "I know I hurt you before but I... I want to help you now. Please, you have to get out of here." 

"Here is my home Theon." Rieka whimpered. "I dont want to leave, the BOltons have been kind to me." 

"No, no, no," Theon repeated over and over again. "Rieka please!" 

"Go away." Rieka sobbed out. "Just go away."

+

''You smell particularly ripe this evening." Ramsay remarked when Theon came in. He remained quiet as he waited for instructions. ''Pour me some wine." Theon poured the wine wordlessly. ''Do you have something to tell me?''

''No, my lord.''

''Reek.'' Ramsay cooed, his word sweet like venom.

''She saw me.'' Theon whimpered.

''Who?''

''Rieka and Sansa.''

''Lady Rieka and Lady Sansa." Ramsay remarked slowly.

''They came to the kennels.'' Theon whimpered

''She saw you?''

'' Yes. I'm sorry, master. Forgive me. I didn't think--'' Theon rambled.

''Come here.'' Ramsay instructed grabbing hold of Theon's head. ''You mustn't keep secrets from me, Reek. Get on your knees." Theon obeyed. ''Give me your hand." Theon held out his hand. ''I forgive you.'' Theon stared up at him amazed.