14) Best person for you

Vidit's POV,

Vidit's POV,

I went to Maa's room with Vidhi.

Vidhi Arora.

My very own biological sister.

We have a total of 3 years of age gap.

She's a year older than Vanilla.

Why am I bringing her up out of nowhere.

She lives in Bangalore working as a full time in one of my branch there.

Not many people know who she is because she wants to achieve things by her own and not use our surname.

"Bhai! Last time I came this hotel was a junkyard." She said taking in the decor of maa's room.

I nodded.

"You came here after so many years." Maa said.

This hotel was one of the first project I invested in terms of real estate.

"So bhai anyone I should know about?" Vidhi said and wiggled her eyebrows.

I was going to deny but Maa interrupted me saying "Yes. I have one very pretty lady in mind."

Here we go again.

She has been asking me if I like Aaliyah or not since the day she conversed with Aaliyah.

She was pointing out the obvious good traits about her.

The very same way she was praising Vanilla in front of Vidhi.

I agree to some part of the praising.

Like she's a good doctor.

Like's she's very patient unlike me.

Like she's a little comforting?

That has to be because of her height no arguments.

Like she's very small beautiful and annoyingly cute.

What the fuck am I saying?

Cute?

Seriously?

Doesn't suppress the fact that she is still a tad bit too annoying always being smily and chirpy.

"Maa please stop." I said and sat on the couch next to her bed.

"Shut up Vidu! Vidhu trust me I have started picturing her as my daughter in law already." She gushed.

Vidhi who was silent till now opened her trashy mouth and said "Oh my lord. If mumma likes her then no doubt she's impressive. Do you have a picture bhai??" 

"Do I looked like a teen who keeps photos of woman to simp on in his gallery?" I said and rolled my eyes.

"Vidit...I am serious." She said in a no nonsense tone.

I went to her bed and sat beside her.

"Maa I don't want to get married." Ever. I said but left the last word on the tip of my tongue.

My worst mistake was marrying your mother. My father's voice rang in my head.

"Is it because of me and-" Before she could finish I stopped her saying "Maa do not finish that sentence."

She sighed and said "Okay but let me once talk to her parents." 

"She could have a boyfriend for all we know." I stated hoping she would buy my lie.

I very well know she is very much single but let's keep that a secret.

"Okay then I will backoff." She said and smiled sarcastically.

"I wanted to inform you before asking them so that you won't throw a tantrum." She said.

"So weren't asking me?" I asked and she nodded a no.

Great.

"Look I am your mother. And I have a motherly hunch Aaliyah is the best person for you." She said and caressed my hair.

Think Vidit.

Excuses.

"MAA! She does not live here. She's based in the States." I said mentally clapping for myself.

There's no way she-

"Oh please I talked to her mother she told me Aaliyah is planning to come back here." She said and gave me a smug look.

"She's not coming back tomorrow." 

"Don't you go to the states like 30 times a year? I don't see a problem even if she doesn't come back for a few years." 

"But-" I started but she kept a finger on my lips and said "No ifs and buts. 

"She's four years younger than me." I said trying one last time to change her already made up mind.

"Vidu stop making up excuses like a 5th grader who didn't do his homework but claims to have done it. You're 29 going to turn 30. Will you give me grandkids when You are in the age of being a grandpa?" Maa said bringing back her teacher side.

I sighed and said "I can't change your mind can I?"

"Absolutely not." Was all she said.

I agree Aaliyah is a very...let's say considerable person. I personally would too if I was into relationships.

I'm afraid I won't be able to give little miss chirpy what she would expect in a relationship.

Meeting her felt so natural. As if she was always there. And even after my temper loss that day she didn't hold any grudges.

I am convinced she was born in a fairy land.

I don't mind her being my so called frenemy but nothing more nothing less.

It still doesn't change the fact that I would rather not be around her.

.