o n e

There she was, my beautiful sin. Her dark brown hair cascaded down her back, and her bright blue eyes darting around the room in a nervous matter. I've never seen such a beautiful little girl.

I say little girl, because that's what she is. she's only around 18, if that. And here I am, 26 years old, admiring a little girl.

I see her often, her uncle is the pastor and one of my best friends. Him and his wife usually bring her along to church with them, so I've seen her quite often.

She always sat in the second row, her hands delicately crossed on her lap and she listened to her uncle preach, completely oblivious to my admiring gaze on her. She would look down ever few minutes, playing with her dainty fingers.

She's quite different from other girl, she's very mature for her age, both physically and mentally. She also isn't stuck up and snobby like most of the girls here. That's one of the many things I like about her. She's also quite clever, I've seen how she observes people, and everything around her.

My eyes snapped away from her when I felt someone's hand touch my shoulder. I turned my head in their direction, making eye contact with my princess's aunt.

"How are you?" She asks politely, a smile on her lips. "I'm good, how's everything with Charlie?" I lean against one of the pews, as she begins talking about her and her husband and her lovely niece.

I revert my eyes to her, a giggle escaping her lips as she talks to a few of her friends. I look back at Clare and smiles, nodding as she speaks.

"Aunt Clare?" My eyes land on my angel, hers meeting mine momentarily, a smile overtaking her plump pink lips.

"When are we leaving?" She asks, her eyes flicking towards Clare.

"You know we have to lock up, I'll come find you when we're ready." She says, My princess looking down for a second before nodding and walking away.

"I uh.. I better get going." I say casually, scratching the back of my neck as I look away from Clare.

"Alright, if you need anything just text me, or Charlie of course." She smiles and I nod, walking towards the door.

As I make my way to the glass doors, I see her out of the corner of my eye. A smile dancing on my lips as I shake my head and walk out of the door and head to my car.

----------