Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

I followed him to our bedroom and climbed in after him, his arms wrapping around me as he pulled me closer into his body, it gave me an instant comfort.

“Lex” he started in a barely there whisper.

“Jenny was drunk at her parents when Brooke and I turned up there, I didn't know at the time but Cole was there with her, I was furious at her and words were exchanged, she told me our babies deserved to die, I mean who the fuck says something like that just after they died” he pinched the bridge of his nose age took a couple hard breathes again.

“I snapped and punched her, I know I shouldn't have hit a woman but she wasn't a woman, she was a bitch” he spat and I smiled, yeah she was definitely a bitch “Cole came out and started yelling, yelling how I stole you away from him and that he was going to get you back, Brooke was yelling and I just ignored it, I went to walk away when Jenny stood up and held a gun at me”

“what! I shrieked loudly.

“It was stupid I know but Brooke lunged at her and knocked the gun from her hands and I went to grab it, Cole jumped on me and wanted another round from that party, we had a few punches each when Jenny pulled out another gun, she had pulled the trigger when he fell to the ground, I didn't think when I reached and grabbed the other gun and just shot her, she fell and Brooke was calling the ambulance, her parents had came home as they arrived and accused me of shooting them both, threatening to call the police telling them I shot them both”

“what” I asked again, this was insane, her whole family was crazy.

“I swear Lex I tried to stop his bleeding, I did CPR but it wasn't enough, the bullet she put through them went straight through his heart and killed him instantly, she died in surgery and I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about that” he admitted as he wiped more tears from his eyes.

“so why did they arrest you?” I asked quietly.

He shrugged “Jenny's parents made a scene saying I went in there on a rampage and shot them both, the police looked over the security footage from her parents house and they said it was classed as self defence, that if I hadn't of shot she should could have killed both Brooke and I”

“so your not a murderer then” I relaxed a lot.

“hearing your dad call me that hurt a lot, I mean everything I do is for you, to protect you and having her out of our lives is a blessing, we don't have to worry and I know your and Cole had six years together, I cant do anything about what happened with him, I'm so sorry Lex” he kissed my temple softly.

I looked over at him and moved so I was straddling his waist, the hurt in his eyes was completely visible and I wanted to take it all away from him.

It was now my turn to be dominant and tell him what I thought, taking his face with my own hands I brushed his tears away from beneath his long, dark lashes “you saved my best friends life, you didn't do anything wrong apart from defend yourself and god Blake you should have told me this, I have been sick with worry that you got in some shooting thing and killed people on purpose, no more fights, no more drinking as much as you did tonight, your a good guy and I want you around for longer, this past few days have been so hard and it hasn't fully hit me yet about Cole, but I want you to know that I love you, I love you so much and nothing will change that, we're mates as you call us, nothing will make me leave you ever” I had tears streaming down my cheeks, falling to his chest and running down over his stomach slowly.

He let out a loud sound of relief as he sniffed, crying even harder as he took my hand in his own and interlacing out fingertips together.

“your amazing Alex, you would have made the most perfect mother I could ever ask for” his breathing picking up again at the mention of kids.

“and you would have made the best dad ever” I closed my eyes and fought the tears back, opening them and looking back at him, dead in the eye as I spoke words I didn't think I could even say so soon “I will make you a dad again, you will get your house filled with children like you wanted”

I felt his breathing hitch as he smiled “you want to have another baby?” he asked still looking unsure if I had spoke correctly or not.

“with you yes, not right now but I want another baby with you Blake” I found myself smiling at the thought.

“I didn't think I would want another one but knowing your willing to try again has actually made me happier, I want to try again and give you that chance of being a mum, but just know that once your pregnant again you wont be working or doing anything” he warned seriously and I nodded.

“I won't be leaving the house or your side” I stated seriously, hell I wouldn't be doing anything that put me in the slightest bit of danger.

“let's get some sleep sexy, we've got a plane to catch in six hours”

“wait, Brooke's getting married next weekend” I sat up and hissed slightly at the pain in my lower area.

Blake shook his head laughing slightly “she called the wedding off Lex, they both decided it was the right thing to do, neither of them were ready and well I think they panicked at the thought of only being with each other for the rest of their lives”

“I knew it” I fell back down shaking my head “I knew she would change her mind, ugh I spent hours going through all that wedding stuff” I huffed slightly, she was going to be explaining herself to me, and she better not have called the wedding off just because of me, that would make me sad but of course it was something she would do, she was kind and a true best friend.

We fell asleep talking and cuddling, it was a nice feeling being back in our bed, in our home together, snuggled up and not all cramped in the single bed. I loved being able to hold Blake tightly without worrying if I was going to fall out of the bed.

“sweetie” I heard lightly beside me.

I opened my eyes to see Blake sitting beside me, we had been on the plane for god knows how many hours and after being up so early I was looking forward to getting back in a bed “we're here?” I asked and he nodding towards the window.

“it's beautiful” I smiled as the plane was flying closer to the island, the crystal waters and white sandy beach in my view.

“I know you are” Blake lent in and whispered beside me.

I turned around and rolled my eyes at him “flirt”

“only with you my love” he lent in and kissed me sweetly.