Chapter 29

After Tina made her scene I walk home. Since she dragged Isaac away with her I never officially told him. I said yes to being his girlfriend, and I do want to say yes. I really do like him, a lot.

"Hey why are you alone?" Mike asks standing in the front. Oh great, he's just the person I didn't want to see.

"Isaac had to leave early and don't you have a family to be with?" I ask him.

"No, I don't." He says casually. Oh great now I feel like a jerk.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know." I look at him with guilt.

"Don't pity me, it's my father's fault for getting in jail in the first place." He huffs.

"I wasn't pitying you, I just felt like a jerk for bringing it up." I cross my arms.

He looks at me with shock, "You know you're the first person to tell me that."

"That's not a shocker, I look at things differently than most people." I smirk. "Well goodnight." I go inside my apartment and head to my room.

"So how did it go?" Chris asks me. She has been up reading her book. Blind people read with their fingers, I find it fascinating when she reads to me.

"It was going great till miss Tina came in and stole my boyfriend." I say. Wait what did I just, oh no.

"I knew it, congrats sis." She giggles with excitement. Oh great she's all excited now.

"Well I haven't told him yet so no getting all worked up over this." I tell her.

"Alright miss stick in the mud." She makes fun of me.

"Whatever." I stick my tongue out. I know she's blind and it's useless.

"Will you stop sticking your tongue out." She snaps.

I swear she is psychic. I put my tongue away. "You are psychic." I tell her.

"Yeah I know, so where did he take you this time?" She asks all excited.

"He took me bowling." I tell her as I put on my pajamas.

"He never stood a chance against you." Chris laughs.

"So true, but it was cute how he tried to be so cocky." I giggle.

"Wow you are smitten with him aren't you?" She mocks me.

"Whatever." I smile as I sit down on my bed.

"Oh just give in." She laughs.

"I thought I already had." I chuckles. "Now goodnight." And we did. I fell asleep and dreamt of him again.