Ch. 22-Scrapbooks

Start from the beginning

  “Things didn’t turn out so well for her after the rescue. She’s been widowed twice, divorced once, and now lives alone in one of her father’s castles. It’s awfully depressing to not have family members visit every week or so. I think her nieces and nephews only visit on Christmas when they’re in the area,” I reply.

    Abby’s face soon turns to sadness before saying, “That’s an awful way to live.” Yes. Yes it is. Of course my family knows that I do not condone that sort of behavior. Families should see each other at least once every two months.

  “What about her sister Scarlett. Why doesn’t she visit?” Jake asks. If only things were as simple as children make them seem.

  “Scarlet and Zayne were married after Zayne was in prison for two and a half years, thankfully his father could pull some strings. Scarlett was left alone with a new born baby during that time and Christina didn’t want anything to do with the bastard or her sell out sister. I don’t really blame Christina though. Scarlett was shunned from her family, had to scum up money anyway she could, but Zayne’s family pooled enough money to buy the three a small home in America. No one’s sure how they’re doing today,” I reply.

   Cat starts to get fussy in my lap and demands, “Weeim! Wanger!” Oh I see now. I’ve neglected her favorite character.

  “Here we go,” I say while picking Cat up to face me. She has snot running down her nose and Jake quickly hands me a towel.

  “Oh no Cat sweetie. No need to get fussy,” I tell her.

  “B-But I wanna know bout Weeim,” she says.

  “Okay I’ll tell you all about Liam. Liam stayed in the agency, and has been working there all of his life as either a spy or a teacher. Being a spy doesn’t leave much time for family you know,” I tell her.

  “Is that why you got out?” Cat asks innocently. Yes. That’s the reason I got out when I was thirty five. That story isn’t mine to tell alone however.

  “Yes dear now who wants cookies?” someone asks while walking into the room.

  “Grandfather!” the three youngest kids exclaim.

  “I want first dibs,” Rob says while walking toward me and taking Cat out of my arms.

  “Grandmother I’ll bring you a cookie later,” she tells me.

   I smile before saying, “Alright darling.”

  “Bye Grandmother,” all the kids tell me before walking out. I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear before standing up and laughing.

  “Not too bad right Harv?’” I ask. Harvey laughs before walking toward me and giving me a kiss.

  “Not at all sweetheart. We have a wonderful daughter and son and beautiful grandchildren. I think we made our long distance relationship work,” he says.

   I laugh before saying, “Oh? What about Natalie from Paris? She was pretty fertile based on the claims she made against you.” Oh yes that pregnancy scare was pretty nasty. I had a long chat with her and unfortunately my inner Eve came out that night. I don’t think her real child’s father looked for her though. Harvey doesn’t know about how I handled Natalie though.

  Harvey laughs before saying, “I also remember the close call of you in Ireland with Frank, but did I forgive you, yes. I’m just too loving for my own good.” Oh yes Frank. How could I forget him?

   He insisted that I stay with him in Ireland but once Harvey showed up unexpectedly to surprise me, well Harvey was the one in for a huge surprise. Right when Frank kissed me, Harvey walked in with a grand ole bloody hell. That was of course before I….how did I put it? Beat the bloody shit out of that bastard. Ha! I’ve still got it.

   I laugh before saying, “You forgiving? I’m the main one who did the forgiving. Remember the mysterious dip into my bank account?” I remember the shock when I came back to England and found myself short on three million American dollars. Harvey used it to support a business opportunity that has been very successful for us.

  “I sorted it all out dear a month after that mysterious ‘dip’ was noticed. You couldn’t hate me if you tried Evangeline,” he tells me. I smile before kissing his lips. After all of the years we’ve been married and all the missions I’ve been on, Harvey has always stuck with me. Harvey has never been anything but a prince charming in my eyes.

   “You’re right dear. Happy fortieth anniversary Harvey. I got you a present,” I say and pull back. I take his aged hand, but in his eyes I can still see the handsome young man at sixteen. Those twenty years apart have made me so thankful of the man Harvey is. He is a man accepting of me and everything I’ve been through. I took the time to get to know what real love was and I found that in Harvey. I’m so glad I did.

  “Presents again honey? Didn’t I tell you last year and the year before that, that waking up next to you is my present every day?” he asks.

    I smile at his words before saying, “You’re hopeless you know.” Harvey only wants to surprise me one with a present when I don’t have one.

  “Yes I know. I love you Mrs. Evangeline Turner, my wife.”

  “I love you Mr. Harvey Turner, my husband.”

*************************

*tear*  Jk I really can’t cry for some reason. The Secluding is officially over. It was a bumpy ride guys and you had to put up with my many struggles, but thank you for sticking by me. One of the few stories that had a mostly happy ending. Well….actually Harvey and Eve are the only ones truly happy. Oops. Hehe! Ta ta!