Chapter 28

Perth

I heard footsteps, and I immediately removed my shirt and started working out.

"Wha..." Chimon paused at the door, wide-eyed. "Why are you... biceps?"

"Huh?"

"I... I mean..."

I pressed my lips together to stop smiling while he turned to the other side. His face was beet-red.

I dramatically got up and started walking towards him. "What happened, Chimon? Are you okay?"

He took a few steps back and paused. He quickly held his hand up to me to stop me. "N-nothing. I am fine. Ahem... I was just... here because I thought we had plans for breakfast."

It's so hard to control my beating heart when he is in front of me with such a cute face and expressions. "Ow. I am so sorry, Chimon. I lost track of time. Can you just give me a moment? I will quickly take a shower and come."

He quickly nodded, still not looking at me. "Ok. I'll wait for you outside."

As he turned to leave, I held his hand and pulled him hard, making him bump into my chest. He looked up to meet my eyes, gaping at me. "Where do you think you are going? Won't you help pick out my clothes for me?"

He kept looking at me while I smiled at him, shifting my eyes bravely from his eyes to his nose, then his lips, then his adorable cheeks, and then back to his eyes.

He gulped and tried to free himself from my grip, which was now tight on his waist. I had thought of releasing my pheromones on him, but I want this to be fair. If I wanted to win him by being his alpha, I would have done it long ago.

He suddenly pushed me. "Why? You never asked me to do this before." He countered. He was still having difficulty looking at my bare chest.

So, I slipped my shirt on and smiled at him, teasingly keeping the shirt open. "But we need to help each other with these things in the future anyway." I shrugged.

When I say such things, my heart races. But I keep my composer looking cool. But Chimon caught my laugh and gaped at me once. "You..."

"What?" I raised my brows.

He smiled now. And he is blushing too. Oh my god, I might die this instant. "Fine. Go shower. I will pick some clothes for you." He turned to the cupboard, and my heartbeat was out of control.

Is this subtlety enough, or do I need to be clearer?

But I can't say it. I want him to say it first. Yes, Perth, wait for him to say it out loud.

I shook my head at my silliness and the giddiness that I was feeling just seeing him behaving like my other half in my room, helping me choose my clothes for me.

But as I stepped into the washroom and removed my clothes, under the shower, some images flashed through my mind.

Images of me and Chimon in the same shower. Things like that have never happened before. We never had any such moments between us.

Then what is it? Is it my wild imagination?

But I never imagined it to that extent. And it sure did not feel like it. What the hell was that?

Nanon