Chapter 5

Ohm

"You won't believe what he said to me." Perth gulped his beer and slammed the bottle on the table. "I have a huge line of fucking dominant alphas queued up behind me. I mean what the hell does it mean by a fucking dominant alpha? Is there a new category that we are unaware of?"

He is annoyed and drunk. But I am sure whose words were these. Fuck-Fucking-Fucker, I don't know what it means. But I know who says that. Or rather who has been saying that since a few days.

To think... Something has definitely changed in Nanon's behavior. He is not acting himself.

He was head-over-heels after me even when I did not want him to be.

I am Ohm Pawat. I literally have a queue of dominant Omegas behind me dying to tie the knot with me because I might not be the only dominant Alpha on Slash, but I am one from the richest family anyway Our family has always been a league of dominant alphas. My grandfather, my father, me and my brother. And everyone married a dominant omega.

I am aware why in my case Nanon came into picture, but I am not against him because of him being recessive, that is just a cover I keep.

Although I knew that Nanon wasn't after me because of the money and the issue is mainly because our families tied our names since childhood because of making their businesses stronger.

My problem is, I don't like clingy people. Even more, I hate people who are sweet. They make me sick. My first love, a dominant omega named Sky was sweet. He was same as Nanon. And he cheated on me.

Despite the fact that I was verbally engaged to Nanon, I always avoided him and in secret I was dating Sky. But one day I got to know that he slept with someone else when I smelled another alpha's pheromones on him.

Sky was the sweetest person I knew. He always adored me, talked to me like he could die for me and like I was the only one for him. But when I confronted him, he blamed me saying I was the reason. I was engaged and I would never be with him. He did not even ask me if I had a plan to talk about this with my family. Since then, I hate sweet-talking omegas.

But since a few days, Nanon is not the Nanon I knew he was. He seems to be an entire different person.

One may think that my ego is not allowing me to accept the fact that he said he doesn't want to be with me. But that's not the case. He is a recessive Omega. While I am a dominant Alpha. There is no sense in the fact that I get rejected by him.

And so I will not let him do it.

"What are you thinking about?" Perth asked when I did not respond.

I turned to him. Perth's problem is different. He hates the fact that Chimon is a dominant Omega. And Perth is just an Alpha. His ego doesn't allow him to accept that Chimon may get swooned by a dominant Alpha.

I took the bottle from his hand as he opened another one. "Stop it. I think, you should talk to Chimon properly. I anyway don't see a reason for you to not like him. You may lose your chance if you behave this way."

He looked at me frowning. "What does that mean?"

I leaned near him. "Listen. It's simple. If you did not feel anything, you won't be this pathetic right now. Even if it is ego, act on it. You are an Alpha. Even if he is a dominant omega, you still have the upper hand."

Perth seemed to get into the thinking mode.

While I picked the bottle that I had snatched from him and gulped it down.

Yeah... I have an upper hand too. I cannot let him affect me.

.