Chapter 4

Chimon

I heard heated discussion from inside Nanon's room. I am really worried for him. He has been behaving strangely since last few days.

"Nanon, stop trying so hard. You are only hurting yourself. You know this engagement was a business deal more than anything and Ohm isn't happy about the fact that you are not like other Omegas." I said trying to wipe his tears.

"But despite being recessive, I couldn't help fall for him. He is my everything now. And if I cannot have his love then I will have to pray to god for making me whitewash my memory. Or else I cannot stop loving him and hoping that he loves me back."

To think about it... Did he really have a whitewash of memory after that? Did god answer his prayers?

"But god could have answered the positive ones of making Ohm fall for him." I mumbled sadly.

"Impossible!" A familiar voice interrupted me.

I turned with a broad grin. "My Alpha!" I exclaimed with a smile looking at Perth who narrowed his eyes in the direction of Nanon's bedroom door and shook his head.

"When our parents decided to tie us up with you both, there was no way that we could accept it wholeheartedly." Perth said.

I looked at him sadly. I am not sure why he dislikes me. I am a dominant Omega any Alpha would love. But why does the only Alpha whom I want to be loved by, loathes me? And he never tells me the reason too.

*SLAM*

We both turned to look in the direction of the sound of the slamming door. Ohm walked out, turned to look at us both and then fumingly walked away.

Perth and I looked at each other before he too turned to leave. But I braved the chance and ran towards him stopping him holding his arm.

"I am your fiancé. And it's ok if you don't like me. But I need a plausible reason to understand why so." I said.

Perth glowered at my hand holding his so I immediately pulled back mumbling a quick "My apologies Alpha."

Perth huffed and turned to me. "This... Is exactly the reason." He said annoyed.

I frowned confused.

"You have no thinking capability apart from being the absolute image of the perfect Omega. You do all that your family asks you to or I ask you to. You dress as you should and you talk as you should, you even eat as you should. It is all like living by the book. I don't want such an EXAMPLE in my life. You are an EXAMPLE. Not a person. I don't even know what you want. Because you don't even know what you want. For you... Being a dominant omega is an achievement. But that is not something you have earned. It's in your genes."

I stood there jumbled. I was being accused of doing what I should. How does that make sense? Or is he just finding some random reason to break it off with me?

He sighed loudly and then turned to me.

"Look, I cannot explain anymore and I am sure that even if I do, you will not understand. So let's just keep this relationship for presence till I talk to my family and get this over with." He walked away leaving me shattered.

So he is thinking about break up the engagement.

It took me a moment to grasp everything before I turned and saw Nanon frowning at me with his arms folded and standing at the door.

I gave him a brief smile as I don't want to bother him while he is himself suffering.

But as I was about to leave, a hand stopped me.