Chapter 21

Jay

*Splash*

"Hold Up! Take my hand!" A hand came into my direction to pull me up when I had lost everything and had jumped off the side of the bridge with the deepest end beneath. A guy who was rejected from each side—family, career, as well as his boyfriend—had nothing left but his money and parents, who treated him like he was not their own.

Something changed when my head hit the river and the light occurred in front of my eyes. It felt like I was submerged in a spirit that was afloat and that I was full of a different energy. However, I do not wish to live. I want to die.

However, my prayers went unanswered, and a hand pulled me up to the bank.

The pair of eyes that smiled at me made my heart ache. The person who threw his belongings aside to immediately jump after me and pull me up should be barking at me for being reckless, or in the first place, should have given up on me. But the guy in front with small black eyes and round dimples is instead calming himself down to be able to smile at me, realising that my state of mind is not going to be able to grasp any logic.

It is able to grasp his smile, though. His warmth and his concern as well

The way his hand pulled me up, firmly holding me, and the way his dimpled smile is brightening up my day and asking me about my wellbeing when I have clearly broken his laptop, is making me rethink my decision.

"Are you ok?" He asked again.

I gulped and kept looking at him. I wasn't OK when I jumped off the bridge for many reasons. And now I am not OK for another reason.

My heart is beating so fast that I feel like I have been reincarnated. This life is different from the one I had given up on.

"Let's get you some water to drink and some tissues to wipe your hair." The guy said this after picking up his belongings along with his broken laptop.

Before I knew it, my body accepted a burger and a cola from the stranger who was sitting by my side and constantly explaining to someone why he could not submit a song today.

He did everything to comfort me and nothing to blame me for his almost-lost job.

He then smiled at me while my ears were ringing. His slightest touch on my shoulder made me feel like my body had healed.

He left, leaving a visiting card with me without allowing me to calm myself enough to blurt even a single word of thanks.

But that day, I decided not to let the failures stop me. I will live and create a new story world for myself and my angel, whom I have fallen in love with at first sight.

"You want to self-publish this?" The publisher asked for the Nth time. "You sure?"

I nodded and smiled. I am sure the concept of Omega and Alpha love stories is a cliché, and it cannot be a hit unless it is different.

But do I care? The spirit submerged in me when I jumped in that river allowed me to create a world that works as I draw.

And in that world, I will be the most powerful person, and the person besides me will be the one who gave me a new life.

I just need a medium to publish it. And then Nanon and I will be in this together forever.