Chapter 10

Nanon

While pacing in my room, I realised how I am not just stuck in the comic book; I am also stuck in this room. It is no longer a Barbie-dome because I upgraded it. But it is like a prison now. Because I can't go out.

If I go out, I may run into stonewall. And Stonewall may tell me what he said was "our" purpose to come to this world.

I cannot, not even in my wildest dreams or in my worst nightmares, comprehend with him. It's been 2 days since I have avoided his calls, avoiding going out of this fucking room, avoiding anyone who tries to enter, and avoiding leaving my room for meals. Why? Because all this is bearable.

As compared to what has been proposed to me, this all seems so bearable that I agree to die in here if needed rather than going out.

My eyes landed on the diary I had found in the cupboard below, all the clothes hidden like the Nanon before. I wanted to hide it.

I decided to read it once, despite my sense of principle that I should not read anyone's personal diary.

But then, I am him right now. So it should be fine, right?

*Knock* *Knock*

I threw the diary back in the drawer where I had kept it when I pulled out all my clothes, jumped on my bed, and jumped into my blanket when the door that's locked, in front of which I have kept the couch and the side tables, was locked. Because the stupid cupboard is fixed to the wall, I kept all the clothes there so that they would add some weight.

"NANON OPEN THE DOOR. It's me, CHIMON."

I peeked out of my blanket and slowly walked to the door. I climbed the cloth pile on top of the couch to lean on the door and listen carefully.

"NANON... OPEN THE DOOR, PLEASE." I heard the familiar voice of my BFFF.

I sighed with relief. "Give me half an hour. I need to move stuff out of the way to open it." I said.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?"

I shook my head. There is no way I am screaming it out loud. And anyway, I can't let Chimon know what Ohm and I talked about. Can I?

After around 15 minutes, I could move that heavy couch and side tables out of the doorway.

Chimon was surprisingly still standing outside with his puffed-up cheeks, frowning gaze, and folded arms. "What on Slash is going on here?"

"I am playing."

"What?"

"Hide-n-seek." I replied as Chimon picked up the pile of clothes dispersed on the ground and kept it up on the couch.

"Nanon, I am worried now. You have been here for two days. You are not picking up calls and are not getting out of here. Are you okay?" Chimon slumped beside me.

"I thought you would look at the room and ask something: why is this Barbie-dome not pink anymore, what is my cupboard doing without its content, or have I dug up some new door while I decided to keep the couch in front of the actual one as a changed interior or..." I turned to his even more confused expressions than earlier. "What was that time that you said I needed to keep my fart in check the most?"

He rolled his eyes. "Heat cycle, Nanon. But no, I know it's not your heat cycle yet. AND I am asking again. Despite all the nonsense you are blabbering, I am sure something is off. Tell me. Am I not your FBB?" He asked, agitated.

I chuckled and pulled his cheek. "BFF!"

"Whatever." He yanked my hand away. "I am asking one last time. Or else..."