57

Gabriel

Pulling at my hair, I find the strength to get up off the couch and start to pace. Baldrics right, Devi's right, Heath needs to go. But who would take him knowing what he'd done?

Sliding behind my desk I shake the mouse lighting the computer screen to life. Opening up a browser I type on the keyboard and click the mouse over the call button.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

"Hello?" Luna Margaret's voice is heard through the speakers.

"It's me, Gabe. I've got a question." I clear my throat, rolling my chair back and sitting down. Staring at the screen, Luna Margaret laying down on a couch, she sits up.

"And?"

"Will you accept Heath into your pack?"

"No." She shakes her head, flipping her hair over her shoulder then rubbing the tip of her nose.

Sighing, I lean back in my chair raking my hands through my hair. Stressed. "Do you know of any packs that would?"

"No, and I wouldn't ask them if I did."

Groaning, I squeeze my eyes shut and scoot my chair closer. Exhaling, I meet her eyes through the video chat. "I need him gone, Margaret. I need your help."

Shrugging, she looks off in the distance for a moment before turning back to me. "You asked for my help years ago with that man and I did. I was nice despite my opinion on the matter because that was what you boys wanted and I don't agree with murder, what's changed?"

"Devi."

A slow smile breaks out across her face and she nods slightly. "Ah, mates. They have a way of making each other better people don't they?"

Grunting, I rest my elbow on my desk and lean my head in my hand. "Margaret, please."

Tisking, she flips her hair again and clicks her tongue. "He's old enough to figure life out on his own. He can take care of himself. I helped you because he was young and I don't support murder. Sending him out into the world back then would have been a death sentence. Now he will be fine considering, he can live with the humans or go off on his own. That's his choice. You have to do what's best for your pack, just like I do. Figure it out for him, don't, that's up to you. I need to go to bed. Goodnight, Gabriel."

"Wait! Margaret!" I yell, video screen going black. Luna Margaret hanging up. "Fuck!"

Slamming my fists down on the desk, I jump up from my chair and stomp out of the office. "You home?" I link Heath.

"I'm with Hailey, why?"

"Get down here."

"Why?"

"Heath, get your ass down here!" I yell, shutting our link and making my way to the bottom of the stairs to wait for him. Goddess damn, how was I going to explain this to Hailey?

They've connected, and although she goes through pack members quicker than the seasons change I doubt she'll be okay with us taking her toy from her before she's done playing with it. Even if she holds no love for the guy.

A half dazed Heath slumps down the stairs scratching his chin. "What's so important you gotta interrupt?"

"Let's go to your place first." I exhale, avoiding his eyes.

"Okay?"

Raising my arm I gesture for him to go ahead and he slips past me, heading for the front door.