45

Gabriel

When I pictured my future as a child I guess I forgot to think of every possible outcome. This was definitely not something I'd considered. Sitting up in bed, I looked around my room at Ric and Winter cuddled on the world's smallest bed. Blaire used so much room on our bed I was confined to the small space I'd declared against the headboard. Devi and Lily were asleep on the mattress Ric had brought in. I was mated, I was Alpha, and yet I was seriously contemplating sleeping on the floor or Blair's tiny ass bed. Not in my own bed, not with my mate, on the fucking floor or a child's bed.

Yeah, this was not what I'd imagined at all.

Instead of conceding to the floor I reach over and grab Blaire, pulling her up to Ric's side and straightening her out. Tucked in to my right, Blaire rolls over and I slide down the bed onto my back and sigh.

I tried getting the girls to bed for six hours and failed. I tried convincing Devi to climb into bed with me and failed. I tried talking Blaire into sleeping in her own bed and failed. Yet listening to them all peaceful and content filled me with a weird sense of happiness. Yeah, this wasn't what I'd pictured when I'd thought of my future but I was pretty fucking happy with it. Kinks and all.

Blaire stirs beside me and my breath catches as I watch her worm down the bed again. Lifting up onto my elbows I hold my breath as she reaches for Devi's hand and Devi wiggles around and slaps her hand down onto our bed, intertwining their fingers, Blaire lays her head on their hand and falls asleep again and I can't help but smile. Even as I toss my pillow to the foot of the bed and flip myself around to lay behind Blaire and cuddle into her back to grab onto Devi's arm myself. It feels right, even if it isn't perfect.

We will figure it out. I know we will.

Closing my eyes I let myself drift off to the sound of everyone's heartbeats and even breathing. The soft sounds rock me to sleep, yet morning comes all too soon and Ric's tugging Blaire from my arms and I groan, rolling onto my back. "What are you doing?"

"Shhhh, Alpha Ric says mom needs sleep." Blaire hisses.

"I told Devi I'd get them out of here before they started jumping around. I'll see you at breakfast, I'm going to take them down to see Cassie while Paul talks to Claire." My brother links me, lifting Blaire onto his hip, Winter tucking into his side rubbing her eyes.

Nodding, I pull a pillow over my eyes and muffle my yawn into it. "I'll be down in a bit. Going to get ready to go run. Make sure the girls are ready for training after breakfast."

"Will do." Ric whispers.

Throwing the pillow back up with the rest at the headboard I stretch as I watch them leave the room, the door clicking shut behind them. 

Yawning, Lily catches my attention and I stare down at her. Her eyes open slowly as she flops onto her side and tucks herself into Devi's back. "Blanket hog." She grumbles.

"Bed hog." Devi grunts.

"I thought you were sleeping." Lily moans.

Snorting, Devi rolls over and smacks a pillow onto Lily's head. "You pretended to be sleeping too."

"I'm not their mom, Mom." Lily grins.

Groaning, Devi raised up onto her knees and pushes her hair back from her face. "Blaire decided that. I didn't have much say in the matter."

"Motherhood looks good on you, Dev." Lily bobs her eyebrows.

"I agree." I spoke up, their heads snapping to my direction. Raising a brow, I sit up and let out an exaggerated breath. "Fatherhood however, sucks. These kids don't listen."