34

Devi

I wasn't sure what exactly was going on with these two Alpha's, but I wasn't about to start asking questions. Especially when I've just gotten my voice back, thanks to Claire, and Ric hasn't brought up this morning. It sure as hell wasn't going to be me bringing it up. My vagina couldn't take a round two.. Or would it technically be round seven? Either way, my mouth was shut on the matter and I wasn't opening it. Even if Ric did bring it up.

Ric got his feelings out, literally. I can still feel them inside of me even after my shower. Now, if Gabe was mad he'd have to wait until tomorrow at least for the same sort of apology, if that's what we're going to call it. That's what Gabe called it. I was going for more of a distraction type approach. I mean, I didn't mind, it was more than enjoyable. A small part of me wanted it more than I wanted anything at that moment. Ric's stupid Alpha male bullshit riled Minsi up, and did something weird to my brain. My vagina was doing the talking more than my mouth was. But if that's all it takes to be forgiven I'd say it was worth it. I probably came out better off than Ric did in the situation. I got to help Lily my way without getting in trouble, I got multiple orgasms, I got bathed, and then I got pampered by Gabe. All Ric got was orgasms.

The smirk on his face at the other end of the table almost makes me laugh. He really thinks he won? Hilarious. Men are too easy. Sex, food, and violence. Somehow those three things are always the answer with them.

Ignoring him I dig into my chicken pot pie while Cassie rambles on about what she'd done with Paul, Claire and Penelope today. Her brother was going to be leaving tomorrow to go home. If Paul did well enough alone for a day or two Cassie was going to go home too. I was going to miss her, sort of. I liked her, she reminded me of Lily. Ric and Gabe haven't said anything about the mate bond officially yet. Would I only be taking one of them if we decided to embrace it? If both were willing to mark me together would they even want kids? Would they want children right away? Goddess, I hope not. If and when I have kids I want Lily there, she always dreamed of children.

Focusing on my food, and listening to Claire, Penelope and Hailey, I shake out the thoughts. Now was not the time.

"So, what did you do today then Hail?" I hum, biting down on a cubed piece of chicken.

Her eyes dart to Luna Margaret then Gabe and Ric before turning to me. "Oh, just stuff around the pack."

Speaking up, Luna Margaret smiles. "Yeah, we.. we spoke with some of the children Ric brought back."

My eyes flicker to Cassie, Winter and Blaire and I squint my eyes at Luna Margaret when I glance back up at her. "Maybe that's a discussion for another time then."

Cassie leans into me and I wrap my arm around her. "You done?"

Nodding, she grins. "Can we go watch movies in the room?"

Tucking a strand of hair, that's fallen from her pont tail, behind her ear, I nod. "Gotta bush your teeth first, though."

Squealing, the three girls bolt from the room.

"I'll bring them up some popcorn." Leah whispers.

Smiling politely, I push back my chair. "I'll do it. Thank you for offering, though." Picking up my plates as well as the girls I shimmy around everyone and slip into the hall between the kitchen and dining room. Ric's eyes are still on me, and now Gabe's too, so I stare down at my feet. A deep breath I hadn't realized I was holding in escaped me, and my shoulder relaxed.

Why couldn't Ric have the courtesy to just look away, just once. It felt like my skin was burning up under his gaze, and Gabriel's was just as scolding. I know I'm supposed to feel excited, happy, maybe even lustful under their eyes, Minsi definitely felt that way, but I have never been that way. I've had sex, sex was just sex, no need to complicate it. If they'd said something about our mate bond maybe I'd feel differently but as it stood I just wanted to move on and act like it didn't happen until the urge stricked again. The mate bond would see to that eventually. My heat would start any day now, I could feel it starting to simmer inside of me, Minsi was already making that blatantly clear. Until then, or they speak up, I wanted peace. I wanted things to be normal, as normal as it could get around here anyway. Ric's eyes on me wasn't at all the norm, he had to stop.