𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

Huddling together with his pillows and his familiar worn-out blanket in a corner of his bed with his head down, Manjiro sat.

"Mikey. Let's talk." You said.

He slowly raised his head and looked at you blankly. Then he blinked and averted his gaze silently without even giving a response. But you didn't heed any attention and only continued walking towards his bed with a firm and resolved will to break this tension between the two of you.

"Mikey. You won't even look at me?"

While being ignored and avoided does hurt, but you also believe that you deserve this kind of treatment as well.

'Should I pretend to be angry?'

Acting all calm and gentle doesn't seem like it would be effective this time. Besides... You called this a raid. You might as well act like it.

"Manjiro. Are you really going to keep acting like this?" Your eyebrows furrowed and there was a frown on your lips. Your gaze started to be more intense as you kept your eyes on Manjiro. "I'm trying my best to have you understand and know my own circumstances, yet you're being like this...!" You gritted your teeth and clenched your eyes, appearing frustrated as seconds passed with Manjiro still ignoring you and your words.

Your lips pursed for a moment before you went on. "Is it alright with you if we remain like this forever?"

Unexpectedly, you felt an unknown pang in your chest as you said that. Like there was a hand holding tight on your heart.

'Like twelve years ago...'

'It's not alright with me, Mikey...'

'I wasted twelve whole years and never fixed the rift between us... I don't want to repeat it again.'

As you tried to calm your emotions, Manjiro finally decided to raise his head and look at you.

In his face was a large frown and eyes that seemed like it was going to burst with tears anytime soon. "But you're always like this, [First Name]..." He whispered. His voice is quiet, but you feel the pain in his trembling voice. "I had thought that I wouldn't mind it if you lie to me, keep things from me, or even betray me... But you..."

He closed his eyes, and you saw from the corner of your eyes his hands that clenched into a tight fist yet again.

"[First Name]... You, you keep giving me hope... The promises you made, the words you have said, I thought of those as the most important things, my precious things. But you keep disregarding them as if they were nothing to you...!" His eyelashes slowly raised, and his pitch-black eyes that held no light stared at you with confusion and loss. "I thought that you changed, and I was very happy. You keep giving me hope, and you also keep breaking my hope."

His shoulders were trembling as he spoke those words with difficulty. And he looks like he's going to cry anytime soon. But Manjiro had no tears.

'Is this the first time he told me his feelings for me?'

You cleared your throat, yet you still find it hard to speak. But you know that you have to say something.

Something, anything...

"Sorry..."

Of course. That's the only word you could think of that could save you. You've always said that with much sincerity, but to Manjiro...

"Again... You're saying sorry again but you're not even saying why you're sorry..."

You flinched and unconsciously took a step back. 'Fuck, why am I blanking out right now of all times...'