𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗢𝗻𝗲

How nostalgic.

I opened my eyes after waking up from that old dream. A memory of my childhood, an important and precious memory...

My eyes narrowed on the sight in front of me. Looks like I fell asleep while sitting on the couch by the window. I raised myself but then, my phone fell from the top of my stomach to the couch. "..." Right, I was checking my new phone. 

When the future me left my body and went back to her own timeline, I suddenly found myself with a broken phone and a surviving sim card. How spiteful. I had that phone for 3 years and it was destroyed. I picked up the phone and just laid down on the couch and checked the phone yet again. 

I've already checked my contacts before but now that I'm seeing it again, I felt a bit irritated. I started frowning as I muttered under my breath, "She deleted my contacts... All of it..." Since she's really me, the future me, she should've known why I started doing this business in the first place. But she deleted all my contacts? 

I still needed to milk more money from those guys!

No wonder why during the two months the future me didn't possess my body, I received no messages or calls at all (except for those guys I know from Toman)... She blacklisted all of them and deleted all of their numbers. I don't have a backup list so I cant recover those numbers again...

This future me sure is giving me a lot of trouble. When I got my body back yesterday, I was scolded by my mother, found my phone broken, and a lot more. 

Also, I'm a division captain of Toman now, oh wow.

I scrolled down my contact list with a blank look on my face before I found a certain someone's name, 'Mikey'

She and Manjiro have become quite close, haven't they? My eyes narrowed slightly while my frown deepened. I feel weird. What's this feeling?

I held the phone tighter and in the end, I sighed. I shifted slightly on the couch to find a more comfortable position and settled down. Unlike me, my future self sure is getting along with him. I feel a bit bitter about this. I don't even know why. 

That version of me sure is much better at expressing her feelings. I... am envious of that. 

Through the notes and messages, she keeps giving me through our notebook, I'm sure that, that person is much more sincere and honest. A person that can say their feelings and what they want without hesitation... Now that I think of it, that's what I've always wanted to be. It seems that I managed to... no, it looks like she managed to do it. 

She and I are different. She went through a different fate to become what she is. And now, she is changing my fate. The fate of her past self. 

She lived to her adulthood without somebody by her side. She broke ties with her friends, with Manjiro and the others. Moreover, in her original timeline, most of them were dead, weren't they? Ken, Kei, Kazu, Emma... 

I too would have broken every tie I had with them if it weren't for her interference. But now, I am still with them. Draken is alive and I am now part of Toman. This is why I and her are different. 

"I would be lying if I say I wasn't grateful for the time leap..." I sighed. The heavy and unknown feelings in my heart tire me out. I can't understand it. I cant understand her. 

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. After a moment, I opened them again and stared blankly at the ceiling. According to what she had said, if nothing is to be done, both Kazu and Kei would die. Kei would be stabbed by Kazu and Kazu would be beaten to death by Manjiro. The incident regarding Shinichiro-san's death was the reason why everything between the three has worsened. One last push and they would be pointing their blades against each other's throat. 

But... Keisuke's goal is to prevent that. In the first place, this fight is between Manjiro and Kazutora. Keisuke is the one between the two, doing his best to stop them from fighting. He's doing his best to not let those two's relationship worsen and break. 

But he was doing everything by himself in the original timeline. That is why he died. And he couldn't stop the two at all. 

And... I was probably not present during such an important matter. Seeing how vague and unclear the messages and notes she left me were. 

Well, at that point in time, she probably already had no relations with Toman anymore. 

'I was not there, while everyone was having a hard time.'

I stared deeply at the ceiling with profound thoughts. 'Then... What did she feel during that time?'

Although I asked that, I knew the answer. I don't care about Tokyo Manji Gang. What I care about are my friends. Whether their gang falls and crumbles, I wouldn't budge a bit but if it were for their sake, I would've... even sold my freedom. I would've let my family use me to their content just so that those guys would be safe and sound. As long as they're happy and well, I don't really care. If the answer was to push them away so that they could have a bright future, I would do that without any hesitation. 

Especially if it is for his sake...

He gave me everything. So for him, I would give up my everything. 

But, pushing them... Was pushing him away the wrong choice after all?

shewa is bwack uwu ♥️

anyways, it's 12:00 am when i published this. i should be asleep two hours ago already, hm... andd, i hope that y'all wont mind the first-person POV for a while.

Published: July 5, 2022