𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

While you were at the bakery earlier, you bought some cakes and sweets as well, seeing that you'll be heading to the Sano's house rather than the cemetery.

So when Emma, who stayed home instead of visiting, opened the door for you, you immediately gifted her the sweets you bought for her. She was happy but still, seeing you all drenched from the rain worried her as well. You took a shower as she grabbed some spare clothes from her room. And now, you're sitting on the couch, obediently eating the taiyaki you brought for yourself.

You blankly stared outside the window, watching the heavy rain going on for hours already. 'Mikey and Draken better wait for the rain to stop instead of going home.' you sighed weakly as you lowered your head while hoping for the rain to stop already. 'I'm pretty sure that the weather news didn't say anything about rain today...'

What a gloomy weather for a gloomy day.

Suddenly, the phone you left on the table lit up, presenting a message from Takemichi. With nothing else better to do, you picked it up and read it.

「“[Last Name]-san, you couldn't come earlier?”」

Ah right, you left him at the park earlier with Matsuno Chifuyu. You stopped and thought for a moment, then answered:

「“It was raining. Too bad. Did you wait for me?”」

It took him a few minutes to respond. Well, he did send a long message after all.

「“I met the Vice-Captain of the First Division earlier. He said that Baji-kun did leave but it was for Toman? Also, we met Mikey-kun and Draken-kun at the cemetery. Then we went looking for Moebius' Osanai. We went to a lot of places today, now that I think of it.”」

So he really did go to the cemetery today. You saw him with Chifuyu earlier but, Osanai?

You raised a brow and texted back,

「“Why Osanai?”」

「“Well... The Vice-Captain said that he wanted to investigate the relationship between Valhalla and Kisaki. I was curious too so I went with him.”」

You leaned back on the couch casually, ignorant of the familiar engine noises outside the residence.

「“So, did you find out something?”」

「“You really were right... it was Kisaki who schemed the Battle of 8/3... he wanted Draken-kun dead so that he could replace his role. Osanai also said that... Hanma Shuji and Kisaki Tetta are related somehow.”」

After that long message, he sent another one.

「“Chifuyu concluded that the enigmatic gang with no leader, Valhalla, its leader is Kisaki all along. Kisaki is with Toman right now so the position is empty.”」

Reading his messages, you thought about it. Although that is indeed a possibility, and most probably the most reasonable conclusion, Kisaki Tetta is not that simple and predictable. He's quite a schemer after all. Even you couldn't apprehend his goal after doing all of this. If only you and he don't have a blood debt, then...

Who knows, both of you are a bit similar somehow so you might be able to get along, even for a little bit.

「“[Last Name]-san, did you already know about this?”」

You were about to reply to his message but suddenly, a water droplet fell on the back of your hand.

"Takemitchy?"

Hearing his familiar voice so closely, you were startled greatly and almost dropped your phone. But you simply turned it off and turned your whole attention to Mikey, who was dripping with rainwater from his drenched clothes and hair. He stared back at you curiously and glanced at the phone in your hand for a moment before saying again, "I didn't know that both of you were that close." He had a neutral tone as he spoke but you felt it.