𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗲𝗻

You moved your hand to your side after knocking on the door. You were about to take out your phone and wait for a response but you didn't expect the door to open up immediately. "Ah, [Nickname]!" 

The blonde girl in front of you gasped, before grabbing both of your hands. Your phone almost fell down. "It's really been a while since you dropped by! Have you eaten breakfast yet? Let's go inside." she looked happy and excited as soon as she saw you, and that made you freeze to your spot. You remember her being a calm girl but, 'I guess it's really been a while since I saw her... 12 years?' you awkwardly chuckled to yourself, confusing her.

You looked at her and smiled, "Emma-chan, first of all, good morning. And no, I still haven't had my breakfast yet." 

She stared at you, astonished by particularly everything. Your tone, your formality, and especially that smile. You actually feel like a totally different person in Emma's view. She was too confused that she didn't even notice Mikey appearing behind her all of a sudden. "Ah, I knew it. [First Name]'s here." 

Emma flinched, eyes widening as she immediately turned to look at her brother. "You're finally awake! I was trying to wake you up for ten minutes already, ah, fix your hair already, it's all messy." she nagged continuously.

"I heard [First Name]'s voice so I came immediately..."

"How did you even-"

You chuckled, "Good morning, Mikey." He turned his gaze to you again before softly smiling. "Good morning, [First Name]."

Emma, who's seeing all of this is confused more than ever. 'What's... happening between these two?'

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

You grabbed the neatly folded black jacket you borrowed from Manjiro last night and handed it to him, who is sitting across the sofa. "I dropped by to bring it back, I also washed it." he stared at it for a moment before nodding. "I see."

"Mikey, go get change already while I'm still preparing for breakfast. Draken might arrive soon."

"Alright, alright." he stood up from his seat, yawning a bit before looking back at you, "[First Name] I'll go back immediately so wait for me, alright? Don't leave yet." And there he goes, leaving the living room and goes back to his room, bringing the jacket with him. Emma turned at you, "Then, I'm going to prepare our breakfast."

"Do you need some help?"

"No, it's fine." 

You simply watch her leave the room as well, leaving you all alone in the living room. 'Emma, huh...?' You took out your phone from your bag and turned it on. 'She also died, didn't she? After all, even if Draken didn't die, Manjiro wouldn't have turned Toman into a criminal organization for her sake.' 

What bothers you is that you could only barely remember when she died and who killed her. It was one of Kisaki's underlings and you're sure that it's going to happen next year, though, before you graduate from middle school. You took a deep breath, calming your nerves after you reminded yourself of Kisaki once again.

You actually met him a few times in the past, as an informant, of course. Then, in your third year of high school, you met him again but that time, he threatened you instead. You remember fighting someone who was with him that time but you don't remember the exact details, for some reason. 'I wonder, if I kill Kisaki right now, would everything end peacefully?' You sighed, chuckling to yourself awkwardly.

That's also a choice but you still have to think of this timeline your's opinion. It's not like you can just ruin your own future. 'But, Mikey and his happiness is my top priority so maybe...?' you shake your head, turning off your phone and learned on the couch tiredly. 'No way.'

In the first place, you never killed anyone in your whole life. And even though you are in this timeline, you are still a doctor. A person that saves lives and not takes one.

'While there is a lot of possibilities out there, there might be also a way to end this all peacefully. A bloodless fight to change everyone's life...' 

"[First Name]! I'm back!" Manjiro entered the living room again and interrupted you and your chaotic thoughts. You lowered your head and looked at him. He's finally dressed up in his school uniform. "That was quite fast." You patted the space beside you on the sofa and he immediately sat on the same spot. 

"I wanted to be with you so I changed my clothes faster."

"No need to rush yourself like that though. I'm going to school with you."

"You're going to skip class?"

"Of course not. I'd never skip."

"You just did yesterday though."

"...!"

Manjiro started laughing, "[First Name], our school is in a completely different direction so we won't be able to go together." You groaned in embarrassment, turning your head away. 'Where was his school again...?' 

Manjiro turned his head to you and leaned a bit closer. "Well, speaking of school, since we're graduating next year, why don't we enroll at the same high school? That way, we could go to school and go home together." He grinned excitedly as you simply stared back at him, a bit surprised. "High school together with you..." you muttered and he nods in reply.

"That sounds nice and exciting, right?" you nod. "Then imagine, we'd be in the same class and even seatmates! We'd be always be together while inside and outside the school!" he continued. He smiled softly as he lowered his gaze, "That would be really... nice."

You stared at him before you subconsciously raised your hand and placed it on top of his hair. That surprised you as well but you simply started speaking while he looked at you in the eyes once again. 

"Since I said that I would stick with you no matter what, so going to the same school as you would be the best way to do it, isn't it?" you smiled, gently patting him. He stared at you for a moment, eyes widening as his cheeks started going red for some reason. He lowered his head, not allowing you to see more. He simply nods. 

"Yeah..."

aaaaha. i really want to see blushing manjiro. damn it.

Published: June 1, 2021