𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆

"[First Name], you're not going to wear yukata?" Manjiro leaned on his bike as he watch you leave your home.

Nobody is home today so there's no need to worry about him being seen by those people. You turned around after locking the house, with a smile on your lips. "Why, want to see me in one?"

Because of today's incident, wearing such clothing will hinder your movements later.  So, you decided not to put it on.

However, with Manjiro nodding his head, it looks like he wants you to wear it. You chuckled softly, walking towards him and his bike. "Not today but next time, I'll wear it. As long as you're with me." His eyes lit up as he grinned, "If you're wearing it, then, of course, I'll go."

You smiled at him before you rode behind his back. If everything goes well then... You slowly opened your lips and whispered close to his ear, "Next year, let's go together again." You then pat his shoulder with a smile that isn't a smile at all, "Mikey, I agreed to ride your bike today since you promised you'll slow down. Don't forget it, alright?"

Manjiro shook his head and then nod his head. "Alright, alright."

While you were sighing in relief, and with the dim light from the streetlight nearby, you were unable to see his reddened ears. Again, you pat his shoulder, "Come on, let's go."

━━━

Manjiro parked his bike in a parking lot while you stare at the bright lights from a distance. The festival is probably there, Draken and the others are surely enjoying themselves over there. Well, it's good to enjoy yourself however, you simply hope that they didn't let their guards down.

Especially Takemichi.

You told him before that whether Manjiro and Ken made up or not, the Battle of 8/3 will happen nonetheless. Who knows if he had already forgotten about that since he looked quite carefree when those two finally got along.

"[First Name], you can go ahead first."

You shifted your gaze from the direction of the festival to Manjiro who suddenly spoke those words. Head tilting a bit, you asked, "Why?" Hesitation hinted in his eyes as he looked at you. But there is also uneasiness. Before you knew it, you have already walked closer to him.

"What's wrong? I thought that we were going to the festival together?" He then looked around and sighed, "Someone asked me to meet up here."

Huh? Did Mitsuya tell you something about this before? No, he didn't. Then, is this perhaps a secret meeting? Seeing him hesitant about telling you this, there must be something going on here.

You kept your calm and continued to ask, "You usually don't talk to people you don't find relevant or interesting."

"He told me that... He could let Pah out of the jail."

That person must be asking for a deal, then... Your eyes narrowed and finally asked, "Who are they?"

"He said his name is Kisaki."

Once you heard that name, your blood suddenly felt cold. Your eyes widened and your hands trembled for a moment. Him again. So... This was the real reason why he was able to join Toman and become a captain as soon as he entered.

"Kisaki...?" Manjiro nods his head, "Yeah, do you know him, [First Name]?"

Oh, you know him. Know him so clearly and you want to shred him to pieces so badly. In this world, there is one person you simply cannot forgive. Kisaki Tetta. He was the one who started all of these tragedies.

The corner of your lips curled and with your eyes closed, you flashed Manjiro a sickly sweet smile.

"Mikey, would you please let me meet this guy instead?"

His eyes widened a bit, "Huh, why? Do you really know him?" You didn't answer and simply stayed still. Manjiro's eyes flashed a dark gleam but soon disappeared before you could even see it. Malicious and dangerous, rare emotions were shown in his eyes at that very moment.

"Do you... No, will you be okay?" You slowly nod in response and opened your eyes to see him sighing. "Alright, fine. If it's [First Name] then it will be fine. Should I wait for you?"

You shook your head, "It's fine. You should go to Draken and the others instead. I'll go find you later after this." You stared at his face for another few seconds before adding on, "Don't worry. I'll come to you soon." A gentle smile replaced the impatient and wicked smirk on your lips. And that was enough to put out the dangerous fire burning inside Manjiro for the moment.

He returned to his normal childish self, a grin on his lips. "Mhm, I'll wait for you." He rode on his bike once again and drove away, leaving you in the dimly lighted parking lot.

According to the information from the old news, Draken was stabbed and killed in a parking lot during the festival. However, seeing that there is nobody here except for yourself, it seems that the battle will happen on the other one. You took out your phone from your pockets and checked the time. It's already late, it seems that the fight will break out soon. Since you sent Mikey there already... You wonder if that tragedy will not happen. Things usually don't go as planned and it's not like your plan was flawless.

There's so little you can do as a 15 years old kid. You sighed and leaned on the wall, waiting patiently for that trash to show up. However, you paused after a thought entered your mind. What if Kisaki refuses to show up after seeing that it was not Mikey but you who showed up?

Your eyes narrowed as you turn off your phone. It was at that moment you heard a noise of a twig breaking on the ground. You snapped your head and caught sight of a boy. Tanned and blonde, younger than you but that boy wore the same glasses the man you loathe so much also uses. Your lips parted and your eyes darkened.

"Kisaki Tetta." A small voice left your lips as he continued walking towards you, both hands on his pocket and with his expressionless face.

Your fingers instinctively twitched and an unmeasurable rage began to well within you.

Right, if you kill him right here, right now then... Keisuke, Emma, and everyone else would not die. Mikey would not walk that dark and lonely road again. Toman will stay as it is under the leadership of Manjiro and Ken. Nothing will go wrong, as long as this boy's life ends now.

Although immature and weaker compared to you in the future, you could easily snap his neck and off him. Just a simple action will...

"I called out Mikey but it seems that you are the one who showed up instead." He sighed.

Ah, how hateful.

"I can't let Mikey meet such a suspicious person, can I?" Your lips curled into an unfathomable smile. The emotions behind that expression are... Unknown.

"Well... I was planning to meet you after him so this works well too." He shifted his vision from you towards the lights from the festival over there. "Peh-yan must be attacking Draken with the Moebius right now." He calmly told. He didn't even bother keeping his words inside his head, he simply said it all out loud.

You raised a brow, "Peh? Betraying Draken...?" No matter how much you hide it, there were still hints of surprise mixed in your tone. 'Was this because Mikey and Draken compromised with Pah-chin's matter?' You shook your head, "More importantly... It looks like you also have something to say to me, based on what you said?" Kisaki's gaze returned to you.

"[First Name] [Last Name], you hate Toman, don't you?"

"... Yeah."

"I don't know why you're suddenly getting close to Sano Manjiro but, based on your previous interactions with him, you also hate him, right?"

A smile played on your lips after hearing that. 'Fuck you, bastard. The one I hate is you.'

"Mhm. I do."

And then, a visible smirk appeared on his lips. "Then, [First Name], join me and destroy everything Sano Manjiro loves."

Still unedited since I can't use my laptop rn. Well... It's been a month since my last update lmao. Due to some circumstances, I barely have chances to have internet and can't write well since I usually do research while writing.

Published: May 7, 2022