𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗢𝗻𝗲

With your bag hanging on your shoulders, you left the classroom while still exchanging messages with Manjiro. But, the moment you stepped out of the room, someone stood in front of you.

You blankly lifted your head from your phone and met a pair of vibrant pairs of gold eyes. Startled and surprised, you couldn't react on time when your phone was taken away. 'Wait, if he see-'

"Kazutora...!"

There was a smile on his lips as he read the messages between you and Manjiro. You tried to take your phone back, but he wouldn't let you. "Mikey, huh?" He looked at the messages and then back at you, who had a face with a complicated expression. Surprisingly, he didn't do anything and simply tossed the phone back at you. He smiled cheerily as he greeted,

"It's been a while, [First Name]."

He had short hair two years ago but now it has grown long... This Hanemiya Kazutora, you felt a bit unfamiliar.

You hurriedly hid your phone in your bag and thought for a moment. After his arrest, you have not seen him again. Even in his funeral, you weren't able to go and bid him farewell. So, it's been a total of 14 years for you. You took a deep breath and grabbed his wrist. "Kazu." You called out.

You weren't able to help him after that incident at all... The burden of Shinichiro's death... This guy was only a child when he had to carry that burden, guilt and pain. Just how did he feel during those two years?

Kazutora looked at you blankly before he pulled his wrist from your hold. "So you've been getting along with Mikey these days... I heard from Baji. You joined Toman." He took a step backward while shoving his hands in his pockets. "You really disliked him before though." He added, mumbling quietly.

Your gaze shifted from your hand to him. 'Oh.' Your eyes drooped slightly from his gesture while you clenched your hand, feeling a bit upset.

"... Lot of things happened. How I treat Mikey is bound to change during the two years you are gone." You answered softly. The atmosphere between the two of you went cold soon after you said that. Kazutora didn't say anything else either so it went quiet.

"I thought you were the same as me. I thought the three of us hated Mikey..."

In solemn expression, Kazutora turned around and started to walk away after saying that. You stared at his retreating figure and told him while raising your voice, "I'll never hate Manjiro. I also do not hate you or Baji. The three of you are all precious to me." You held your breath for a moment and recalled the memories you had with Kazutora and Keisuke in the past. A stinging pain panged your heart as you clenched your teeth.

"Is it possible for us not to fight?"

In the long, empty hallway, your voice echoed and reached Kazutora's ears. He stopped walking immediately but he didn't turn around nor say anything. So, you continued.

"Whatever the result of this battle, Baji..." You held yourself back from speaking any further of that. Your back felt cold when you unintentionally remembered the messages Mitsuya sent you, telling you about Kazutora's and Keisuke's death at that time.

"This clash will not end well. Kazu, it's still not too late."

Finally, Kazutora broke his silence.

"On October 31st, I will murder Mikey. If you get in my way... I will also kill you."

And he continued walking and simply left you all alone in the silence-filled hallway. You slowly exhaled and calmed your heart while looking at his back.

'As selfish as this might sound, I won't let myself die. Not yet. And I will also not let anybody die. Whether it's you, Keisuke or Manjiro.'

'I will not allow any of you to die before me.'