𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗧𝘄𝗼

"Hanemiya Kazutora... was looking for you?"

For a moment, you were a bit in a daze after Takemichi told you that. In the first place, why would Kazutora look for someone like Takemichi? He just joined Toman and is not even that well-known. Except for the ruckus he created during the last meeting, Takemichi shouldn't have taken his attention anyhow. You frowned and continued asking. "When did he go for you?"

"Er... Just earlier, after classes. After he found me, he dragged me to Valhalla's base and I... saw Baji-kun there beating up someone. I heard that he was beating up the vice-captain from his division..."

'... Matsuno?' Keisuke really is doing everything to gain those guys' trust, isn't he...? However, even if it's for that reason, to think that he would go so far as to beat his trusted friend who is ignorant of his plans... Who knows how that boy is feeling about the betrayal.

While you were busy with your thoughts, Takemichi suddenly asked on the other line of the phone. "[Last Name]-san... I heard about what happened to Mikey-kun's brother." his voice sounded hesitant. Of course, this is a sensitive topic. To talk about it casually, you'd be either a shameless person or just someone who doesn't put an effort to care for the other person's feelings. You exhaled softly and answered. "Did they tell you about it?"

"Just vaguely."

"Well, things escalated up to this point all because of Shinichiro-san's death anyways." you lowered your gaze to your other hand on the table and slowly said, "Honestly... If we could choose which date to time-leap, I would not hesitate to choose before he died. Shinichiro-san would be able to stop Mikey from turning into like that in the future but..." you smiled helplessly and continued, "It can't be helped. We can no longer do anything to prevent his death."

After that, both of you continued to exchange information about what happened in the present timeline. Since you had no access to any information inside Manjiro's room, you just had to listen to everything Takemichi had to say."

"Draken on death row, huh..." you slowly muttered. Well, you had already guessed that something might have happened to him, seeing how Mikey still ended up like that. "By the way, Hanagaki-kun."

"Huh?"

"Are you... still alright?"

To witness Hinata's and his best friend's death right in front of his eyes, normal people would break down in an instant. There was a short silence for a while before Takemichi spoke again. "I'm fine. Ah, right. [Last Name]-san, I'm... Planning to become Toman's top!"

"... huh? How did you even end up with that decision?"

"Ah, well, you see-"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

After confirming that he and Hina were not planning to walk to school together, you told him to meet up early in the morning in a nearby park. You wanted to visit Shinichiro's grave with him and tell him everything you know about that incident.

Well... You have class today but... skipping once wouldn't be so bad anyway. Your eyes furrowed as you shoved your hand inside your pockets. 'Skipping classes...' You wanted to keep your attendance perfect...

Feeling a bit upset, you grumpily hurried to the park only to see Takemichi talking to a familiar certain someone. All beat up that even the bandages can't even hide the bruises. You paused for a moment, hesitating whether to show up or not.

At the same time, the phone inside your pocket suddenly vibrated because of a message. You took one last glance at the two before hiding behind a tree while taking your phone out.