𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

gonna use the third POV because this chap gonna be showing the [First Name] of the past after all. i won't use 'you' unless I'm talking about the present Reader.

"What were we talking about again?" [First Name] questioned, finally calming down and has decided to take the unfinished matters that you had left behind. 'Unlike before, [First Name] from the future didn't leave something behind that would tell me what to do next...' and just on reflex, [First Name] did what she usually does when she's extremely annoyed, frowning, looking away and clicking her tongue.

Mitsuya's and Draken's eyes widen, as the former frowned as well. You've been so different these past few days that seeing [First Name] doing that habit, they couldn't help but feel disappointed. They already know what's coming, after all. Mitsuya closed his eyes, looking away. 

"We were talking about you joining Toman." he answered. 

[First Name] was shocked, though just for a moment. She glanced at Manjiro, who is in complete silence since you leaped back to the present time. Just like the other two, [First Name] could clearly read the disappointment and sadness on his face. Upon raising his head and looking back at you, he immediately changed the frown on his lips into a smile. "That's right, so what do you think, [First Name]? Wanna join this time?" 

[First Name] stared at him for a moment before she averted her gaze first. 'This... is annoying...'

Whenever Manjiro asks [First Name] to join Toman, she would simply make an excuse like, 'hated being tied down', 'being neutral' and ' to be fair with giving information'. In the end, excuses are just excuses. [First Name] simply didn't want to join any gang. She thought of herself as someone good enough that nobody is enough to deserve her. 

There are some truths with what [First Name] believe though. Not only are she is probably as strong as Ryuguji Ken, but [First Name] also knows a lot of information about a lot of gangs around Tokyo. Someone important like that, no gang wouldn't want [First Name] to join them. 

And that's the main reason why [First Name] was so full of herself. The others kept feeding her ego until [First Name] reached this level of pride. That was the reason for her own self-destruction.

[First Name] kept rejecting Manjiro, again, again and again, to the point that he finally gave up. Ever since the second year of middle school, [First Name] never heard of a request to join from Manjiro. She was glad that he finally stopped his annoying persistence, but then, [First Name] was also annoyed by the fact that he gave up. There was a part inside her that wanted Manjiro to keep asking her to join, though if he did, she would simply reject him again. Selfish.

It left a bitter feeling inside her.

However this time, it's different. Manjiro thought that you would probably join this time after seeing the difference in your attitude these past few days. 

'Hey, me in the future. How do you want me to answer this?' 

A few days ago, when you came back to the present for the first time and when [First Name] discovered the time leap and the note that you left behind, she actually believed what you wrote and followed what you requested. To get along with Manjiro and the others. To stop acting like a bitch and be a good upperclassman to the others. 

Of course, [First Name] tried to do it but one's personality and attitude cant possibly change overnight.

'[First Name] of the future didn't leave any direction on what to do next. Then... Should I act on my own?'

Again, [First Name] glanced at Manjiro who patiently waited for an answer. 'I really want to... Reject him...'

'But if these time leaps keep happening and the future me keeps taking over my body, I would end up joining Toman anyways...'

'Then, should I just reject him now? And let the future me decide what to do next time she leap through time?'

[First Name] opened her lips, to say the answer she hesitantly prepared. "I will-" she stopped her answer midway as her phone that is inside her bag suddenly rang. "Ah..." [First Name] muttered, frowning in dissatisfaction. 'I hate being interrupted...' She took out her phone and checked on it, it was a message from [First Name]'s mother. Once again, she clicked her tongue and stood up with a frown.

"Let me think about it for a while." [First Name] simply said before walking past Manjiro, holding her bag. Manjiro, who was left with an empty answer, clenched his fist and turned around, looking at [First Name], "I'll drive you bac-"

"I can go home by myself."

And with that simple sentence, Manjiro stopped himself and lowered his head. 

The [First Name] that he knows very well is back. 

The [First Name] that kept hurting him.

The other three watched their leader lose the cheerfulness and happiness he had earlier as he watches [First Name] leaves his sight, going away every second pass.

'What do I do...? It hurts, [First Name]...'

i actually wrote two chapters in a single day, it's short though. 

well, anyways. y'all hating [First Name] of the past?

Published: June 4, 2021