𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

'I wanna go back to the past already...' you sighed, staring blankly into the ceiling. Although there was no clock or anything that could tell you the time, you just know that it's been more than twenty-four hours since you came back to the present. You closed your eyes and leaned back on the chair. "Manjiro..."

And then you felt the wind. 

You abruptly opened your eyes in surprise. There was no way that wind can come inside that confining room, so there was only one answer. You're back to the past. And to your surprise, the first thing you saw was someone's familiar blonde hair. Your hands were shaking but you didn't hesitate to wrap your arms around the man in front of you. 

Upon contact, you felt him flinch. Manjiro slowed down his motorbike and looked at you. "What's with you all of a sudden, [First Name]?" you shook your head, tightening your embrace. "I feel like... it's been a while since I saw you." waiting in that empty and boring room felt like an eternity. And after what Kisaki had told you about what Manjiro did, you only wished for a simple thing.

To see Manjiro as soon as possible. 

He laughed, "It's only a few days ago when we last met, did you miss me that much?"

"Yeah."

And again, he flinched. You raised your head a bit and looked at his back. "I really did want to see you, Mikey." There was a silence for a moment but he broke it himself by saying something back. "If you want to meet me, you can just call me because I'll immediately go and pick you up so that we can hang out together. I can always clear my plans, [First Name]."

You chuckled and smiled, "I won't hesitate to call you every day then."

"You're going to be with me every day?"

"Yeah."

His driving became sloppy all of a sudden, for some reason. "Drive properly, Mikey." you reminded, laughing a bit. "Promise me first that you'll really hang out with me every day." 

"I will never go against my own words. I'll be with you, forever."

You cant see his face right now but you could already imagine the grin of happiness on his face as soon as you said it. "I will stay with you too, forever. Even if you get tired of me, I will really never leave you alone, so you'd better be prepared, [First Name]." You softly laugh, "I think I've already said that before." 

"I was really happy when you said that so it kinda left an impact on me." Manjiro laughed and continued, "But now that both of us said it, it feels like we made a vow to each other or something." You unconsciously loosened your embrace at a sudden realization. 'Wait, wait...'

Your eyes widen, and you started trembling in embarrassment. 'Vow... Now that he mentioned it, what I said last time actually sounded like a... wedding vow-' you sighed, turning your head away a bit and finally letting go of Manjiro. 'As an adult, this is actually... pretty embarrassing.' you took a short breath and closed your eyes.

'I actually proposed to a fifteen years old boy, ah...'

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Pah, Peh, [First Name] is a member of the third division now." Manjiro sat on the stack of wooden planks and glanced at the duo who stood beside each other. "Yeah, I remember you telling me about that the other day," Pah answered, looking at you. "With [First Name] on our squad, I feel like we're the strongest among the other five now." he laughed. 

"Since [Last Name]-san joined Toman too, all the founding members are all together now, it's awesome." Peh immediately agreed. You chuckled, though, you averted your gaze awkwardly. 'Kazutora is not a member right now though...' You looked at the four who are already talking about taking down Moebius, you stayed silent.

'The battle with Moebius is actually not exactly on August 3 but... It's today.' you looked at the entrance of the abandoned warehouse. This place is usually where the captains of Toman gather and have a meeting though, today will be different. Moebius will raid this place with all its members. Pah would be arrested too, for stabbing Osanai, the leader.

That's the reason why you specifically joined the third division. Because Manjiro would have no choice but to give you the title of being the captain. 

After the conflict on August 3, Moebius will join Toman and will take over the third division. With Kisaki Tetta leading them.

Kisaki joining Toman, and leading a division would be the first step of him becoming Toman's number two in the future. And you can't let that happen. 

You sighed, leaning your back on the wall as you looked at Pah. 'To be honest, stopping the conflict with Moebius today and not letting Pah get arrested would be the best move. But then, I am still his friend. His wish to avenge his friend, I want to respect it.' That's why you won't change the event that's about to happen today. Pah prepared himself for this, even at the cost of him going to juvie. You glanced at the wide-open entrance of the warehouse, hearing rushed footsteps incoming. 

'But it would be different this time, wouldn't it...?'

There was Takemichi, panting heavily after running towards here from who knows where. The others turned their attention on him, you did too. And for a split second, your gaze met his. You went closer to the others then placed your hands on your jacket. "Hey, Hanagaki." he looked at you hesitantly, "[Last Name]-san..."

'Sorry, Hanagaki.'

dobol updet

Published: June 21, 2021