41-42

Chapter 41 Madman
Eye protectionTurn off the lights
bigmiddleSmall
"Are you... talking to me?"

Ruan Qiao pushed the sunhat on his head uncertainly.

The hat was bought by Yu Si. He bought a cute Ari hat with pointed ears while others were watching. Ruan Qiao's wide-eyed eyes were now in pairs.

"It's you," the nurse said with a smile, "Ruan Qiao, you have a cornea. Check your physical parameters today. If there is no problem, you will have a transplant in the evening."

Surprises come so suddenly that people can't believe it. Ruan Qiao's hands and feet suddenly became weak and he couldn't react: "Really, really?"

"It's true," said the nurse, "that's absolutely true."

"I'm going to come on, come on, come on, Joe, look!" Lu Ran reacted and excitedly took off Ruan Qiao's hat and rubbed his head vigorously with his big hands.

"Get lost," Yu Si pushed Lu Ran away, leaned over and looked into Ruan Qiao's red eyes and said, "Don't cry."

"You are cruel to me again." Ruan Qiao sniffed.

Yu Si's second phase of personal high school has been extended indefinitely, and he will always look like a cool guy who can't be beaten by me. In the past, Ruan Qiao used to look at people's facial expressions with concern, but now he only listens to the voice, and is a pure dean.

The look of slight grievance made Yu Si feel at a loss. He just pinched his throat and changed his words: "Strong, good Qiaoqiao, don't cry. Keep your eyes ready."

Ruan Qiao burst into tears and smiled.

Fu Chunsheng was also amused, wiped away tears and hugged Ruan Qiao: "Qiao Qiao, that's great."

Ruan Qiao said softly, then turned to the nurse and asked, "Sister, may I ask where the corneas come from?"

The smile on the nurse's face faded: "It was a pedestrian who was unfortunately involved in a car accident this morning. He signed a cornea donation agreement before his death."

"Then...how did you get me in line so quickly?" Ruan Qiao still couldn't believe how lucky he was.

After he found out he was blind, one of his roommates must have been frantically searching for information about corneas. They never told him the exact time, only that they would definitely wait.

Ruan Qiao also knows how difficult it will be. Most people are afraid to resist organ donation. Even if there are a small number of donors, they are very close to the children and it is difficult to get them.

The nurse said: "Because the donor's situation is quite special, his eye was damaged to some extent in the car accident, resulting in the cornea being unable to be stored for a long time. The sooner the transplant, the better."

"There is no unified cornea database yet. Our supply and demand matching is done on a hospital basis. There were seven patients waiting in front of you. Now some of them cannot be contacted and some cannot come in time."

Those who meet the conditions for transplantation as soon as possible

It happened to be only Ruan Qiao.

"Be mentally prepared. I'll take you for a checkup later. If it's okay, we'll do the surgery tonight."

"Okay, thank you."

The nurse turned and left. She explained very clearly, and Ruan Qiao was inexplicably panicked.

Is he really lucky?

What a coincidence.

"Qiaoqiao, don't be nervous," Chunsheng pinched his wrist, "The success rate of corneal transplantation is very high."