Book III (Chapter 12)

4 Months Later

"There you go honey, one last big push!" Satoru held your hand, as you sat crying on the hospital bed in pain.

"It's a boy!" The doctor handed the little boy to the nurses to clean up. You took a couple breaths, some of the pain from giving birth still lingering.

"You did it sweetheart!" Satoru smiled and kissed your forehead. You smiled up at him, your face red, and your cheeks stained with tears.

Satoru started peppering your face with kisses.

You giggled, "Stop..!"

He smiled and pulled back. "We have a baby...!"

Your eyes lit up at something across the room. Satoru looked the same direction, and saw the little baby boy. The most noticeable thing about the baby was his thick and silky, jet black hair. Satoru shrugged it off, recognizing that he was not the father, and this could have come from you or the father's side.

The nurse handed Satoru the birth certificates, so you and him could write down the name of the baby and sign it as the legal guardians of the new addition to your family. You signed it first, but left the name space blank. As you handed it to Satoru, another hand pulled it away before he could get his hands on it.

Satoru looked confused. He looked behind him, and noticed some familiar dark locks, bending over the table next to your hospital bed, scribbling on the paper.

Satoru froze, "Suguru...?"

"Satoru. I assume you got my letter hinting at my wedding gift to you?"

"I-I did."

Suguru lifted the birth certificate and handed it to Satoru. "Congratulations on your marriage. Enjoy the gift."

Satoru scanned the birth certificate. Suguru had scribbled his signature and name on the space for the father, and scribbled a name down on the name space for the baby. He read the name and he was speechless, "Satoru. Satoru Geto..."